Škoda-Kauba Sk 257
|Škoda-Kauba Sk 257|
|Role||National origin||Manufacturer||Designer|| First flight
|| Number built
The Škoda-Kauba Flugzeugbau produced the Škoda-Kauba V4 as a single-seat low-wing cantilever monoplane powered by a 240 hp (179 kW) Argus As 10C-3 engine with a retractable tailwheel landing gear. The potential for development was recognized and the German Reichsluftfahrtministerium ordered four prototypes of an enlarged aircraft with a more powerful 485 hp Argus As 410 engine and allocated the designation Sk 257. The four prototypes performed well and the type was ordered into production but the build quality of the prototypes did not pass the Luftwaffe quality control inspections and after only five aircraft had been built the order was cancelled.
Data from General characteristics
- Crew: 1
- Length: Script error: No such module "convert".
- Wingspan: Script error: No such module "convert".
- Wing area: Script error: No such module "convert".
- Powerplant: 1 × Argus As 410 inverted V-12 air-cooled piston engine, Script error: No such module "convert".
- Maximum speed: Script error: No such module "convert".
- Related lists
- Orbis 1985, p. 2938
- "No. 7897. Škoda-Kauba Sk 257 V2". 31 May 2008. Retrieved 2010-01-09.
- The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Aircraft (Part Work 1982–1985). Orbis Publishing.