(3-methyl-2-oxobutanoate dehydrogenase (acetyl-transferring))
|[3-methyl-2-oxobutanoate dehydrogenase (lipoamide)] kinase|
|PDB structures||RCSB PDB PDBe PDBsum|
|Gene Ontology||AmiGO / EGO|
- ATP + [3-methyl-2-oxobutanoate dehydrogenase (acetyl-transferring)] <math>\rightleftharpoons</math> ADP + [3-methyl-2-oxobutanoate dehydrogenase (acetyl-transferring)] phosphate
Thus, the two substrates of this enzyme are ATP and 3-methyl-2-oxobutanoate dehydrogenase (acetyl-transferring), whereas its 3 products are ADP, 3-methyl-2-oxobutanoate dehydrogenase (acetyl-transferring), and phosphate.
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically those transferring a phosphate group to the sidechain oxygen atom of serine or threonine residues in proteins (protein-serine/threonine kinases). The systematic name of this enzyme class is ATP:[3-methyl-2-oxobutanoate dehydrogenase (acetyl-transferring)] phosphotransferase. Other names in common use include kinase, BCK, BCKD kinase, BCODH kinase, branched-chain alpha-ketoacid dehydrogenase kinase, branched-chain 2-oxo acid dehydrogenase kinase, branched-chain keto acid dehydrogenase kinase, branched-chain oxo acid dehydrogenase kinase (phosphorylating), and STK2.
In 2012, it was suggested that mutations in the gene which expresses this enzyme could be the cause of a rare form of autism.
- Paxton R, Harris RA (1982). "Isolation of rabbit liver branched chain alpha-ketoacid dehydrogenase and regulation by phosphorylation". J. Biol. Chem. 257 (23): 14433–9. PMID 7142221.
- Wynn RM, Chuang JL, Cote CD, Chuang DT (2000). "Tetrameric assembly and conservation in the ATP-binding domain of rat branched-chain alpha-ketoacid dehydrogenase kinase". J. Biol. Chem. 275 (39): 30512–9. PMID 10903321. doi:10.1074/jbc.M005075200.
- Chuang JL, Wynn RM, Chuang DT (2002). "The C-terminal hinge region of lipoic acid-bearing domain of E2b is essential for domain interaction with branched-chain alpha-keto acid dehydrogenase kinase". J. Biol. Chem. 277 (40): 36905–8. PMID 12189132. doi:10.1074/jbc.C200430200.
- Popov KM, Hawes JW, Harris RA (1997). "Mitochondrial alpha-ketoacid dehydrogenase kinases: a new family of protein kinases". Adv. Second. Messenger. Phosphoprotein. Res. Advances in Second Messenger and Phosphoprotein Research 31: 105–11. ISBN 9780120361311. PMID 9344245. doi:10.1016/S1040-7952(97)80012-2.
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.