|111 Greats logo|
|Launched||1 November 2008|
|Owned by||Foxtel Networks|
|Picture format||576i (SDTV 16:9)|
|Slogan||Relive It, Relove It|
111 Hits (1 November 2008 - 31 December 2013)|
111 (1 January 2014 - 19 April 2014)
The Comedy Channel
The LifeStyle Channel
|Timeshift service||111 Greats+2|
Channel 154 (+2)
Channel 154 (+2)
Channel 154 (+2)
111 Greats (pronounced as "Triple One Greats") is an Australian cable and satellite general entertainment television channel which plays popular shows from the 1960s onward. It is currently available on the Foxtel, Austar and Optus Television subscription platforms.
On 24 October 2008, the channel became available on the Foxtel and Optus platform, running promos ahead of the launch. It was confirmed in the days before the launch that the channel will be in 16:9 widescreen. On 1 March 2009, the Channel became available to Austar subscribers.
The channel launched on Saturday, 1 November 2008 with a special named Countdown to 111 Hits that featured special guests Jenna Elfman and Jermaine Jackson. 111 Hits is based at Foxtel's Sydney Studios, where The Comedy Channel is also produced. 111 Hits+2, a timeshift channel which broadcasts the same programs as 111 Hits 2 hours later, went to air on 15 November 2009.
On 20 April 2014, 111 was rebranded as 111 Greats.
Programming primarily consists of US shows from Warner Bros., Lionsgate, 20th Century Fox, Walt Disney, ABC Studios, and CBS Studios International. Programming is split into several themes referred to as: Afternoons, Hit-Coms, Triple The Drama, Great Classic Movies and Triple The Murder Mystery. Not all programs listed below are currently being screened.
As 111 Hits launched programming was slowly revealed through promotions on other Foxtel channels, with presenters discussing a show and their memories of it. A majority of the shows have been moved from Arena, FOX8, The Comedy Channel, TV1 and Fox Classics.
On 1 January 2014, with the addition of TVH!TS following the closure of TV1, there will be a change in direction of the network to a catalogue of programs, with a large amount of newer material (mainly sitcoms and dramas) to be moved from 111 Hits to TVH!TS. As a result, 111 Hits will be shortened to 111. New additions to programming (which were previously shown on TV1) will include classics such as Cheers, Frasier, and Get Smart, as well as newer shows such as Rules of Engagement.
- Full House
- Happy Endings
- I Dream of Jeannie
- Just Shoot Me!
- Mad About You
- Malcolm in the Middle
- The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
- The Nanny
- The New Adventures of Old Christine
- The New Normal
- Rules of Engagement
- That '70s Show (returned from The Comedy Channel and TVH!TS in 2014)
- Will & Grace
- 21 Jump Street
- 3rd Rock from the Sun
- Ally McBeal
- America's Funniest Home Videos (moved to The Comedy Channel)
- The Beverly Hillbillies
- Bones (moved to FOX8)
- Chicago Hope
- Cheers (moved to FOX Classics)
- Cold Case
- The Cosby Show
- Dawson's Creek
- Desperate Housewives
- Dharma & Greg
- Diff'rent Strokes
- The Drew Carey Show
- Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman
- Law & Order (moved to 13th Street & TV H!TS in 2014)
- The Flintstones
- Friends (moved to TVH!TS)
- Fringe (returned from FOX8 in 2014)
- Ghost Whisperer
- Gilligan's Island
- Gilmore Girls
- Green Acres
- Home Improvement
- Homicide: Life on the Street
- How I Met Your Mother (moved to Arena, then TVH!TS)
- Judging Amy
- L.A. Law
- The King of Queens
- Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman
- Las Vegas (moved to FX)
- MacGyver (moved to FOX Classics)
- Miami Vice
- Murder, She Wrote (moved to FOX Classics)
- Murphy Brown
- Northern Exposure
- NYPD Blue (moved to FX)
- One Tree Hill
- The Practice
- Sex and the City (moved to Arena)
- Grey's Anatomy (moved to SoHo in 2015)
- Suddenly Susan
- Toon Time
- Two Guys and a Girl (moved to Arena)
- Walker Texas Ranger (moved to FOX Classics)
- Without a Trace
- The Wonder Years
- Knox, David (20 October 2008). "111 Hits will target 24-54's". tvtonight.com.au. Retrieved 20 January 2010.
- New Channels Coming to AUSTAR
- Knox, David (6 January 2009). "111 Hits to join Austar". tvtonight.com.au. Retrieved 20 January 2010.
- "Better TV Blog". 2 December 2013. Retrieved 4 December 2013.
- "Foxtel's TVH!TS is the new channel destination for TV's greatest hits from Wednesday, January 1". 16 December 2013. Retrieved 17 December 2013.