1886 Wimbledon Championships
|1886 Wimbledon Championships|
London, United Kingdom
|23x15px William Renshaw|
|23x15px Blanche Bingley|
|23x15px William Renshaw / 23x15px Ernest Renshaw|
The 1886 Wimbledon Championships took place on the outdoor grass courts at the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club in Wimbledon, London, United Kingdom. The tournament ran from 3 July until 17 July. It was the 10th staging of the Wimbledon Championships, and the first Grand Slam tennis event of 1886. Henry Jones retired as referee after nine years, and was replaced by Julian Marshall.
- 2010 Wimbledon Compendium, by Alan Little (The All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club, Wimbledon, London)
- "Grand Slam Tournaments - Wimbledon" (PDF). usta.com. United States Tennis Association. Retrieved 2011-01-15.
- "Roll of Honour - Women's Singles". wimbledon.org. Retrieved 2011-01-15.
- "Roll of Honour - Men's Doubles". wimbledon.org. Retrieved 2011-01-15.
- 100 Years of Wimbledon, by Lance Tingay (Guinness Superlatives Ltd. 1977)
1885 U.S. National Championships
|Grand Slams|| Succeeded by|
1886 U.S. National Championships