1950 Wimbledon Championships
|1950 Wimbledon Championships|
|Date||June 26 – July 7 |
London, United Kingdom
|23x15px Budge Patty |
|23x15px Louise Brough Clapp |
|23x15px John Bromwich / 23x15px Adrian Quist |
|23x15px Louise Brough / 23x15px Margaret Osborne duPont|
|23x15px Louise Brough / 23x15px Eric Sturgess|
The 1950 Wimbledon Championships took place on the outdoor grass courts at the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club in Wimbledon, London, United Kingdom. The tournament ran from 26 June until 7 July. It was the 64th staging of the Wimbledon Championships, and the third Grand Slam tennis event of 1950.
For the first time since the 1927 introduction of seedings 16 players were seeded in the men's singles event instead of eight.
- 2010 Wimbledon Compendium, by Alan Little (The All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club, Wimbledon, London)
- "Grand Slam Tournaments – Wimbledon" (PDF). usta.com. United States Tennis Association.
- "Roll of Honour – Women's Singles". wimbledon.org.
- "Roll of Honour – Men's Doubles". wimbledon.org.
- "Sedgman Gets No.1 Seeding For Wimbledon Singles.". The Sydney Morning Herald (National Library of Australia). 21 June 1950. p. 1.
1950 French Championships
|Grand Slams|| Succeeded by|
1950 U.S. National Championships