1955 Belgian Grand Prix
This was the easiest of wins for Mercedes. With the absence of Lancia, there was very little competition. Fangio disappeared into the distance with Moss tracking him round. Private entrant Eugenio Castellotti retired after 16 laps, Jean Behra crashed and Hawthorn's Vanwall had an oil leak The domination of the silver cars was such that they came in over 2 minutes ahead of Farina in third place after he had lost a great deal of time attempting unsuccessfully to pass Castellotti.
|1||10||23x15px Juan Manuel Fangio||Mercedes||36||2:39:29.0||2||9|
|2||14||23x15px Stirling Moss||Mercedes||36||+8.1||3||6|
|3||2||23x15px Nino Farina||Ferrari||36||+1:40.5||4||4|
|4||6||23x15px Paul Frère||Ferrari||36||+3:25.5||8||3|
|5||24|| 23x15px Roberto Mieres
23x15px Jean Behra
|Maserati||35||+1 Lap||13|| 1|
|6||4||23x15px Maurice Trintignant||Ferrari||35||+1 Lap||10|
|7||22||23x15px Luigi Musso||Maserati||34||+2 Laps||7|
|8||26||23x15px Cesare Perdisa||Maserati||33||+3 Laps||11|
|9||28||23x15px Louis Rosier||Maserati||33||+3 Laps||12|
|Ret||12||23x15px Karl Kling||Mercedes||21||Oil Leak||6|
|Ret||30||23x15px Eugenio Castellotti||Lancia||16||Gearbox||1|
|Ret||40||23x15px Mike Hawthorn||Vanwall||8||Gearbox||9|
|Ret||20||23x15px Jean Behra||Maserati||3||Spun Off||5|
|DNS||38||23x15px Johnny Claes||Maserati||Engine|
|DNS||48||23x15px Piero Taruffi||Ferrari|
|DNS||4||23x15px Harry Schell||Ferrari|
- Shared Drive: Car #24: Roberto Mieres (10 laps) and Jean Behra (25 laps). They shared the 2 points for fifth place.
- Harry Schell set a grid time but his car was driven by teammate Maurice Trintignant.
- Team Lancia withdrew from Formula 1 after Alberto Ascari's fatal accident. Eugenio Castellotti was a private entrant.
Drivers' Championship standings after the race
|10px 1||1||23x15px Juan Manuel Fangio||19|
|10px 1||2||23x15px Maurice Trintignant||11 1⁄3|
|10px 1||3||23x15px Nino Farina||10 1⁄3|
|10px 1||4||23x15px Bob Sweikert||8|
|10px 11||5||23x15px Stirling Moss||7|
- Note: Only the top five positions are included.
- "The Official Formula 1 website". Retrieved 2008-01-18.
- Steve Small - The Grand Prix Who's Who, 1996
- Sheldon and Rabagliati - A Record of Grand Prix and Voiturette Racing, Volume 6, 1954-1959, 1987
1955 Indianapolis 500
|FIA Formula One World Championship
1955 Dutch Grand Prix
1954 Belgian Grand Prix
|Belgian Grand Prix||Next race:|
1956 Belgian Grand Prix