Open Access Articles- Top Results for 1974 FA Cup Final

1974 FA Cup Final

1974 FA Cup Final
Event FA Cup 1973–74
Date 4 May 1974
Venue Wembley Stadium, London

The 1974 FA Cup Final was contested by Liverpool and Newcastle United at Wembley. In a one-sided match Liverpool won 3–0, with goals from Kevin Keegan (2) and Steve Heighway. BBC commentator David Coleman said that Newcastle's defence had been "undressed" by Liverpool. Liverpool left back Alec Lindsay had a goal disallowed, although replays later showed the offside pass that supplied Lindsay's 'goal' came from a Newcastle defender, thus meaning the goal should have stood.

It was manager Bill Shankly's last game in charge of Liverpool, as he retired during the 1974 close season and was succeeded by coach Bob Paisley – though Shankly led them out for the Charity Shield match at the start of the next season.

Match details

4 May 1974
15:00 BST
Liverpool 3–0 Newcastle United
Keegan Goal 57, 88'
Heighway Goal 74'
Wembley, London
Attendance: 100,000
Referee: Gordon Kew
GK 1 23x15px Ray Clemence
RB 2 23x15px Tommy Smith
LB 3 23x15px Alec Lindsay
CB 4 23x15px Phil Thompson
CM 5 23x15px Peter Cormack
CB 6 23x15px Emlyn Hughes (c)
CF 7 23x15px Kevin Keegan
CM 8 23x15px Brian Hall
LM 9
  1. REDIRECT Template:Country data Republic of Ireland Steve Heighway
CF 10 23x15px John Toshack
RM 11 23x15px Ian Callaghan
DF 12 23x15px Chris Lawler
23x15px Bill Shankly
GK 1 23x15px Iam McFaul
RB 2 23x15px Frank Clark
LB 3 23x15px Alan Kennedy
CM 4 23x15px Terry McDermott
CB 5 23x15px Pat Howard
CB 6 23x15px Bobby Moncur (c)
RW 7 23x15px Jimmy Smith Substituted off 70'
CM 8 23x15px Tommy Cassidy
ST 9 23x15px Malcolm Macdonald
ST 10 23x15px John Tudor
LW 11 23x15px Terry Hibbitt
MF 12 23x15px Tommy Gibb Substituted in 70'
23x15px Joe Harvey

Match rules

  • 90 minutes.
  • 30 minutes of extra-time if necessary.
  • Replay if scores still level.
  • One named substitute.

External links

Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.