1979 Argentine Grand Prix
- Lap Leaders: Patrick Depailler 10 laps (1-10); Jacques Laffite 43 laps (11-53).
- The race had to be restarted because there was a huge crash at the second of the very fast esses after the pit straight that took off a number of drivers, including Jody Scheckter, Nelson Piquet, John Watson, Patrick Tambay and Mario Andretti.
- Formula One debut for Elio de Angelis.
- Local hero Carlos Reutemann charged through the field up from 6th to 2nd, although it wasn't enough to catch Jacques Laffite.
Standings after the race
- Note: Only the top five positions are included for both sets of standings.
1978 Canadian Grand Prix
|FIA Formula One World Championship
1979 Brazilian Grand Prix
1978 Argentine Grand Prix
|Argentine Grand Prix||Next race:|
1980 Argentine Grand Prix