1983 Brazilian Grand Prix
|1||1||23x15px Keke Rosberg||Williams-Ford||1:34.526||1:35.226||—|
|2||15||23x15px Alain Prost||Renault||1:34.672||1:34.873||+0.146|
|3||27||23x15px Patrick Tambay||Ferrari||1:34.993||1:34.758||+0.232|
|4||5||23x15px Nelson Piquet||Brabham-BMW||1:35.815||1:35.114||+0.588|
|5||35||23x15px Derek Warwick||Toleman-Hart||1:35.206||—||+0.680|
|6||28||23x15px René Arnoux||Ferrari||1:36.390||1:35.547||+1.021|
|7||6||23x15px Riccardo Patrese||Brabham-BMW||1:35.958||1:36.827||+1.432|
|8||16||23x15px Eddie Cheever||Renault||1:37.005||1:36.051||+1.525|
|9||8||23x15px Niki Lauda||McLaren-Ford||1:36.054||1:36.900||+1.528|
|10||23||23x15px Mauro Baldi||Alfa Romeo||1:36.126||1:36.652||+1.600|
|11||3||23x15px Michele Alboreto||Tyrrell-Ford||1:38.747||1:36.291||+1.765|
|12||25||23x15px Jean-Pierre Jarier||Ligier-Ford||1:38.828||1:36.392||+1.866|
|13||11||23x15px Elio de Angelis||Lotus-Renault||1:40.056||1:36.454||+1.928|
|14||33||23x15px Roberto Guerrero||Theodore-Ford||1:37.237||1:36.694||+2.168|
|15||36||23x15px Bruno Giacomelli||Toleman-Hart||1:36.747||—||+2.221|
|16||7||23x15px John Watson||McLaren-Ford||1:37.844||1:36.977||+2.451|
|17||26||23x15px Raul Boesel||Ligier-Ford||1:38.741||1:37.729||+3.203|
|18||2||23x15px Jacques Laffite||Williams-Ford||1:38.234||1:38.725||+3.708|
|19||34||23x15px Johnny Cecotto||Theodore-Ford||1:38.378||1:39.178||+3.852|
|20||29||23x16px Marc Surer||Arrows-Ford||1:40.255||1:38.488||+3.962|
|21||4||23x15px Danny Sullivan||Tyrrell-Ford||1:39.697||1:38.686||+4.160|
|22||12||23x15px Nigel Mansell||Lotus-Ford||1:42.098||1:39.154||+4.628|
|23||30||23x15px Chico Serra||Arrows-Ford||1:41.472||1:39.965||+5.439|
|24||31||23x15px Corrado Fabi||Osella-Ford||1:41.316||1:40.309||+5.783|
|25||9||23x15px Manfred Winkelhock||ATS-BMW||1:42.292||1:41.153||+6.627|
|26||17||23x15px Eliseo Salazar||RAM-Ford||1:44.357||1:41.478||+6.952|
|27||32||23x15px Piercarlo Ghinzani||Osella-Ford||1:46.964||1:42.267||+7.741|
|EX†||22||23x15px Andrea de Cesaris||Alfa Romeo||—||—||—|
- † — time disallowed, driver excluded.
- Unlike the 1982 race, Nelson Piquet got to keep his 1st place after being disqualified from winning the previous year.
- Keke Rosberg was disqualified for a push start in the pits, after his car momentarily caught fire during refueling. It was the second Brazilian GP in a row that Rosberg was disqualified from 2nd place after suffering the same fate in 1982. The FIA did not award second place points to anyone.
- Rosberg's pole position was the last for the Cosworth V8 engine, and the last time a naturally aspirated car would sit on the pole for a Grand Prix until the 1989 Brazilian Grand Prix at the same circuit. It would take until the 1988 race for another 'atmo' to qualify on the front row of the grid.
- Elio de Angelis was disqualified for changing from his Renault turbo engined Lotus (in which he had qualified) to the team's spare car which was equipped with the naturally aspirated Ford engine after the Renault in his race car failed on the warm-up lap.
- Andrea de Cesaris was excluded from qualifying and disqualified from the race after failing to stop for a weight check during qualifying.
Standings after the race
- Note: Only the top five positions are included for both sets of standings.
Unless otherwise indicated, all race results are taken from "The Official Formula 1 website". Retrieved 2007-06-17.
1982 Caesars Palace Grand Prix
|FIA Formula One World Championship
1983 United States Grand Prix West
1982 Brazilian Grand Prix
|Brazilian Grand Prix||Next race:|
1984 Brazilian Grand Prix