1983 Wimbledon Championships
|1983 Wimbledon Championships|
|Date||20 June - 3 July|
|Category||Grand Slam (ITF)|
|Draw||128S / 64D / 64MX|
London, United Kingdom
|23x15px John McEnroe|
|23x15px Martina Navratilova|
|23x15px Peter Fleming / 23x15px John McEnroe|
|23x15px Martina Navratilova / 23x15px Pam Shriver|
|23x15px Wendy Turnbull / 23x15px John Lloyd|
|23x15px Stefan Edberg|
|23x15px Pascale Paradis|
|23x15px Mark Kratzmann / 23x15px Simon Youl|
|23x15px Patty Fendick / Template:Country data HKG Patricia Hy|
The 1983 Wimbledon Championships was a tennis tournament played on grass courts at the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club in Wimbledon in London in England. It was the 97th edition of the Wimbledon Championships and were held from 20 June to 3 July 1983.
|Event||W||F||SF||QF||Round of 16||Round of 32||Round of 64||Round of 128|
|Men's Doubles *||£26,628||£13,314||£6,656||£2,664||£1,330||£444||£222||N/A|
|Women's Doubles *||£23,100||£11,550||£5,324||£2,130||£974||£320||£160||N/A|
|Mixed Doubles *||£12,000||£6,000||£3,000||£1,400||£700||£350||£150||N/A|
* per team
- It was McEnroe's 5th career Grand Slam title and his 2nd Wimbledon title.
- It was Navratilova's 18th career Grand Slam title and her 4th Wimbledon single's title.
- It was Fleming's 5th career Grand Slam title and his 3rd Wimbledon title. It was McEnroe's 11th career Grand Slam title and his 5th Wimbledon title.
- It was Navratilova's 19th career Grand Slam title and her 9th Wimbledon title. It was Shriver's 4th career Grand Slam title and her 3rd Wimbledon title.
- It was Turnbull's 8th career Grand Slam title and her 2nd Wimbledon title. It was Lloyd's 2nd career Grand Slam title and his 1st Wimbledon title.
1983 French Open
|Grand Slams|| Succeeded by|
1983 U.S. Open