1986 Major League Baseball season
|1986 MLB season|
|League||Major League Baseball|
|Duration||April 7, 1986 – October 21, 1986|
AL: Roger Clemens (BOS)|
NL: Mike Schmidt (PHI)
|AL champions||Boston Red Sox|
|AL runners-up||California Angels|
|NL champions||New York Mets|
|NL runners-up||Houston Astros|
|Champions||New York Mets|
|Runners-up||Boston Red Sox|
|World Series MVP||Ray Knight (NYM)|
The 1986 Major League Baseball season.
Awards and honors
- Most Valuable Player
- Cy Young Award
- Rookie of the Year
- Rolaids Relief Man of the Year Award
- Manager of the Year Award
Major league baseball final standings
|1st||Boston Red Sox||95||66||.590||–|
|2nd||New York Yankees||90||72||.556||5.5|
|4th||Toronto Blue Jays||86||76||.531||9.5|
|3rd||Kansas City Royals||76||86||.469||16.0|
|5th||Chicago White Sox||72||90||.444||20.0|
|1st||New York Mets||108||54||.667||–|
|3rd||St. Louis Cardinals||79||82||.491||28.5|
|3rd||San Francisco Giants||83||79||.512||13.0|
|4th||San Diego Padres||74||88||.457||22.0|
|5th||Los Angeles Dodgers||73||89||.451||23.0|
- April 7 - On Opening Day at Tiger Stadium, Boston Red Sox player Dwight Evans achieves a major league first by hitting a home run off Jack Morris on the first pitch of the season.
- April 29 - Roger Clemens struck out 20 batters in one game, the first time any pitcher had struck out 20 batters in a nine-inning game.
- June 6 – San Diego Padres manager Steve Boros is ejected before the first pitch, after showing the umpire video footage of a disputed play from the night before.
|23px||This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2010)|
|23px||This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (September 2012)|
- Crossman, Matt. "Parallel Pain". http://www.sportsonearth.com. Retrieved 13 December 2014.
- Jaffe, Chris. "Wednesday, June 06, 2012 50th anniversary: LaRussa goes pro". HardballTimes.com. Retrieved June 8, 2012.