1988–89 New Jersey Nets season
|1988–89 New Jersey Nets season|
|Head coach||Willis Reed|
|Arena||Brendan Byrne Arena|
|Place|| Division: 5th (Atlantic)|
Conference: 11th (Eastern)
|Playoff finish|| DNQ
This page is a soft redirect. colspan="2" align="center" #REDIRECTmw:Help:Magic words#Other
This page is a soft redirect.
|1||4||Chris Morris||SF/PF||23x15px United States||Auburn|
|2||32||Charles Shackleford||PF/C||23x15px United States||North Carolina State|
|3||52||Derrick Hamilton||SF||23x15px United States||Southern Mississippi|
|y-New York Knicks||52||30||.634||–||35–6||17–24||18–12|
|New Jersey Nets||26||56||.317||26||17–24||9–32||9–21|
|2||y-New York Knicks||52||30||.634||11|
|11||New Jersey Nets||26||56||.317||37|
- z - clinched division title
- y - clinched division title
- x - clinched playoff spot
Awards and records
- June 23, 1988: Pearl Washington drafted in the NBA expansion draft by the Miami Heat.
- July 1, 1988: Released Dudley Bradley.
- July 19, 1988: Signed Anthony Bowie as a free agent.
- August 10, 1988: Orlando Woolridge signed as an unrestricted free agent with the Los Angeles Lakers.
- August 29, 1988: Traded Dallas Comegys to the San Antonio Spurs for Walter Berry.
- August 30, 1988: Signed Kevin Williams as a free agent.
- August 31, 1988: Waived Otis Birdsong.
- October 4, 1988: Signed Frank Johnson as a free agent.
- October 31, 1988: Traded a 1991 2nd round draft pick and a 1996 2nd round draft pick to the Sacramento Kings for Mike McGee.
- November 1, 1988: Waived Anthony Bowie.
- November 2, 1988: Traded Tony Brown, Frank Johnson, Tim McCormick and Lorenzo Romar to the Houston Rockets for Joe Barry Carroll and Lester Conner.
- November 23, 1988: Signed Ron Cavenall as a free agent.
- December 27, 1988: Waived Ron Cavenall.
- January 30, 1989: Waived Walter Berry.
- January 31, 1989: Signed Bill Jones as a free agent.
- February 7, 1989: Signed Corey Gaines to the first of two 10-day contracts.
- February 27, 1989: Signed Corey Gaines as a free agent.
- March 3, 1989: Waived Kevin Williams.