1988 Wimbledon Championships
|1988 Wimbledon Championships|
|Date||20 June - 4 July|
|Category||Grand Slam (ITF)|
|Draw||128S / 64D / 64MX|
London, United Kingdom
|23x15px Stefan Edberg|
|23x15px Steffi Graf|
|23x15px Ken Flach / 23x15px Robert Seguso|
|23x15px Steffi Graf / 23x15px Gabriela Sabatini|
|23x15px Zina Garrison / 23x15px Sherwood Stewart|
|23x15px Nicolás Pereira|
|23x15px Brenda Schultz|
|23x15px Jason Stoltenberg / 23x15px Todd Woodbridge|
|23x15px Jo-Anne Faull / 23x15px Rachel McQuillan|
The 1988 Wimbledon Championships was a Grand Slam tennis tournament played on grass courts at the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club in Wimbledon in London in England. It was the 102nd edition of the Wimbledon Championships and were held from 20 June to 4 July 1988. Stefan Edberg and Steffi Graf won the singles titles.
The total prize money for 1988 championships was £2,612,126. The winner of the men's title earned £165,000 while the women's singles champion earned £148,500.
|Event||W||F||SF||QF||Round of 16||Round of 32||Round of 64||Round of 128|
|Men's Doubles *||£57,200||£28,600||£14,300||£7,260||£3,740||£1,980||£1,160||N/A|
|Women's Doubles *||£49,500||£24,750||£11,430||£5,810||£2,800||£1,490||£850||N/A|
|Mixed Doubles *||£29,700||£14,850||£7,430||£3,450||£1,720||£860||£390||N/A|
* per team
- It was Edberg's 3rd career Grand Slam title and his 1st Wimbledon title.
- It was Graf's 4th career Grand Slam title and her 1st Wimbledon title.
- It was Flach's 5th career Grand Slam title and his 3rd and last Wimbledon title. It was Seguso's 4th and last career Grand Slam title and his 2nd Wimbledon title.
- It was Graf's 5th career Grand Slam title and her 2nd Wimbledon title. It was Sabatini's 1st career Grand Slam title and her only Wimbledon title.
- It was Garrison's 2nd career Grand Slam title and her 1st Wimbledon title. It was Stewart's 5th and last career Grand Slam title and his only Wimbledon title.
1988 French Open
|Grand Slams|| Succeeded by|
1988 U.S. Open