1991 Cleveland Indians season
|1991 Cleveland Indians|
|Major League affiliations|
|General manager(s)||Hank Peters, John Hart|
|Manager(s)||John McNamara, Mike Hargrove|
|Local television||WUAB · SportsChannel|
[[1990 Cleveland Indians season#REDIRECTmw:Help:Magic words#Other|
This page is a soft redirect. < Previous season]] [[1992 Cleveland Indians season#REDIRECTmw:Help:Magic words#Other
This page is a soft redirect.Next season >]]
- 1 Offseason
- 2 Regular season
- 3 Player stats
- 4 Awards and honors
- 5 Farm system
- 6 References
- 7 External links
- December 3, 1990: Mike Huff was drafted by the Indians from the Los Angeles Dodgers in the 1990 rule 5 draft.
- December 4, 1990: Cory Snyder and Lindsay Foster (minors) were traded by the Indians to the Chicago White Sox for Shawn Hillegas and Eric King.
- January 11, 1991: Luis Lopez was signed as a free agent by the Indians.
- January 16, 1991: Dave Otto was signed as a free agent by the Indians.
- January 16, 1991: Troy Neel was traded by the Indians to the Oakland Athletics for Larry Arndt.
|Toronto Blue Jays||91||71||.562||--|
|Boston Red Sox||84||78||.519||7|
|New York Yankees||71||91||.438||20|
- May 17, 1991: Mike Aldrete was signed as a free agent by the Indians.
- June 3, 1991: Paul Byrd was drafted by the Indians in the 4th round of the 1991 Major League Baseball Draft. Player signed June 10, 1991.
- June 14, 1991: Tim Costo was traded by the Indians to the Cincinnati Reds for Reggie Jefferson.
- June 27, 1991: Tom Candiotti and Turner Ward were traded by the Indians to the Toronto Blue Jays for Glenallen Hill, Denis Boucher, Mark Whiten, and cash.
- July 5, 1991: Stan Jefferson was released by the Indians.
- July 12, 1991: Mike Huff was selected off waivers from the Indians by the Chicago White Sox.
- July 26, 1991: Brook Jacoby was traded by the Indians to the Oakland Athletics for Lee Tinsley and Apolinar Garcia (minors).
|1991 Cleveland Indians|
Starters by position
Note: Pos = position; G = Games played; AB = At Bats; H = Hits; Avg. = Batting Average; HR = Home Runs; RBI = Runs Batted In
|C||Skinner, JoelJoel Skinner||99||284||69||.243||1||24|
|1B||Jacoby, BrookBrook Jacoby||66||231||54||.234||4||24|
|2B||Baerga, CarlosCarlos Baerga||158||593||171||.268||11||69|
|3B||Manto, JeffJeff Manto||47||128||27||.211||2||13|
|SS||Fermín, FélixFélix Fermín||129||424||111||.262||0||31|
|LF||Belle, AlbertAlbert Belle||123||461||130||.282||28||95|
|CF||Cole, AlexAlex Cole||122||387||114||.295||0||27|
|RF||Whiten, MarkMark Whiten||70||258||66||.256||7||26|
|DH||James, ChrisChris James||115||437||104||.238||5||31|
|Lewis, MarkMark Lewis||84||314||83||.264||0||30|
|Browne, JerryJerry Browne||107||290||66||.234||1||29|
|Martínez, CarlosCarlos Martínez||72||257||73||.284||5||30|
|Alomar, Jr., SandySandy Alomar, Jr.||51||184||40||.217||0||7|
|Aldrete, MikeMike Aldrete||85||183||48||.262||1||19|
|Huff, MikeMike Huff||51||146||35||.240||2||10|
|Allred, BeauBeau Allred||48||125||29||.232||3||12|
|Hill, GlenallenGlenallen Hill||37||122||32||.262||5||14|
|Jefferson, ReggieReggie Jefferson||26||101||20||.198||2||12|
|Ward, TurnerTurner Ward||40||100||23||.230||0||5|
|Thome, JimJim Thome||27||98||25||.255||1||9|
|Lopez, LuisLuis Lopez||35||82||18||.220||0||7|
|González, JoséJosé González||33||69||11||.159||1||4|
|Magallanes, EverEver Magallanes||3||2||0||.000||0||0|
Note: G = Games; IP = Innings Pitched; W = Wins; L = Losses; ERA = Earned run average; SO = Strikeouts;
|Nagy, CharlesCharles Nagy||33||211.1||10||15||4.13||109|
|Swindell, GregGreg Swindell||33||238||9||16||3.48||169|
|King, EricEric King||25||150.2||6||11||4.80||59|
|Candiotti, TomTom Candiotti||15||108.1||7||6||2.24||86|
|Otto, DaveDave Otto||18||100.0||2||8||4.23||47|
|Boucher, DenisDenis Boucher||5||22.2||1||4||8.34||13|
|Mutis, JeffJeff Mutis||3||12.1||0||3||11.68||6|
|Gozzo, MauroMauro Gozzo||2||4.2||0||0||19.29||3|
|Nichols, RodRod Nichols||31||137.1||2||11||3.54||76|
|Blair, WillieWillie Blair||11||36||2||3||6.75||13|
|York, MikeMike York||14||34.2||1||4||6.75||19|
Note: G = Games played; W = Wins ; L = Losses ; SV = Saves ; K = Strikeouts
|Olin, SteveSteve Olin||48||3||6||17||3.36||38|
|Hillegas, ShawnShawn Hillegas||51||3||4||7||4.34||66|
|Orosco, JesseJesse Orosco||47||2||0||0||3.74||36|
|Jones, DougDoug Jones||36||4||8||7||5.54||48|
|Shaw, JeffJeff Shaw||29||0||5||0||3.36||31|
|Bell, EricEric Bell||10||4||0||0||0.50||7|
|Valdez, EfrainEfrain Valdez||7||0||0||0||1.50||1|
|Valdez, SergioSergio Valdez||6||1||0||0||5.51||11|
|Egloff, BruceBruce Egloff||6||0||0||0||4.76||8|
Awards and honors
- Sandy Alomar, Jr., Catcher, Starter
- Mike Huff page at Baseball Reference
- Shawn Hillegas page at Baseball Reference
- Luis Lopez page at Baseball Reference
- Dave Otto page at Baseball Reference
- Troy Neel page at Baseball Reference
- "BASEBALL; Twins End Brewers' Streak at 4 As Starter's Sour Streak Ends, Too". New York Times. May 5, 1991.
- Mike Aldrete page at Baseball Reference
- Paul Byrd page at Baseball Reference
- Reggie Jefferson page at Baseball Reference
- Glenallen Hill page at Baseball Reference
- Stan Jefferson page at Baseball Reference
- Brook Jacoby page at Baseball Reference
- Johnson, Lloyd, and Wolff, Miles, ed., The Encyclopedia of Minor League Baseball, 3rd edition. Durham, N.C.: Baseball America, 2007
- 1991 Cleveland Indians team page at Baseball Reference
- 1991 Cleveland Indians team page at www.baseball-almanac.com