1991 NCAA Division III football season
|1991 NCAA Division III football season|
|Regular season||August – November 1991|
|Playoffs||November – December 1991|
The 1991 NCAA Division III football season, part of the college football season organized by the NCAA at the Division III level in the United States, began in August 1991, and concluded with the NCAA Division III Football Championship, also known as the Stagg Bowl, in December 1991 at Hawkins Stadium in Bradenton, Florida. The Ithaca Bombers won their third Division III championship by defeating the Dayton Flyers, 34−20.
The 1991 NCAA Division III Football Championship playoffs were the 19th annual single-elimination tournament to determine the national champion of men's NCAA Division III college football. The championship Stagg Bowl game was held at Hawkins Stadium in Bradenton, Florida for the second time. Like the previous six tournaments, this year's bracket featured sixteen teams.
|National Championship Game|
|Washington & Jefferson||16|
|St. John's (MN)||75|
|Saint John's (MN)||29|
|Saint John's (MN)||7|
- 1991 NCAA Division I-A football season
- 1991 NCAA Division I-AA football season
- 1991 NCAA Division II football season
- "All-Time Division III Football Championship Records" (PDF). NCAA. NCAA.org. pp. 4–15. Retrieved November 22, 2014.
- "1991 NCAA Division III National Football Championship Bracket" (PDF). NCAA. NCAA.org. p. 14. Retrieved November 22, 2014.