The 1993 French Open was a tennis tournament that took place on the outdoor clay courts at the Stade Roland Garros in Paris, France. The tournament was held from 24 May until 6 June. It was the 92nd staging of the French Open, and the second Grand Slam tennis event of 1993.
23x15px Sergi Bruguera defeated 23x15px Jim Courier, 6–4, 2–6, 6–2, 3–6, 6–3
- It was Bruguera's 2nd title of the year, and his 8th overall. It was his 1st career Grand Slam title. Bruguera notably defeated the top two seeds (Pete Sampras and Courier) on his way to the title—the last male player to do so in any Grand Slam event until Stanislas Wawrinka did so at the 2014 Australian Open.
23x15px Steffi Graf defeated 23x15px Mary Joe Fernandez, 4–6, 6–2, 6–4
- It was Graf's 4th title of the year, and her 73rd overall. It was her 12th career Grand Slam title, and her 3rd French Open title.
23x15px Luke Jensen / 23x15px Murphy Jensen defeated 23x15px Marc-Kevin Goellner / 23x15px David Prinosil, 6–4, 6–7, 6–4
23x15px Gigi Fernández / 23x15px Natalia Zvereva defeated 23x15px Larisa Savchenko Neiland / 23x15px Jana Novotná, 6–3, 7–5
23x15px Eugenia Maniokova / 23x15px Andrei Olhovskiy defeated 23x15px Elna Reinach / 23x15px Danie Visser, 6–2, 4–6, 6–4
23x15px Roberto Carretero defeated 23x15px Albert Costa, 6–0, 7–6
23x16px Martina Hingis defeated 23x15px Laurence Courtois, 7–5, 7–5
23x15px Steven Downs / 23x15px James Greenhalgh defeated 23x15px Neville Godwin / 23x15px Gareth Williams, 6–1, 6–1
23x15px Laurence Courtois / 23x15px Nancy Feber defeated 23x15px Lara Bitter / 23x15px Maaike Koutstaal, 3–6, 6–1, 6–3
Total prize money for the event was FF45,164,000.
- ^ Garber, Greg (January 26, 2014). "Stan Wawrinka's crowning moment". ESPN.com. Retrieved January 26, 2014.
- ^ Costa won the 2002 men's singles title.
- ^ Hingis reached the 1997 and 1999 singles finals, but lost on both occasions. She also reached the doubles finals in 1998 and 2000, eventually won in both occasions.
- ^ John Barrett, ed. (1994). World of Tennis. London: Queen Anne Press. p. 75. ISBN 978-0-00-218456-4.