1999 British Grand Prix
While the red flags were out, Michael Schumacher crashed at Stowe corner due to brake failure, breaking his leg. This would keep him out of Formula One until the Malaysian Grand Prix, ending his championship hopes.
Following a difficult season Damon Hill performed well to finish 5th in his home race and seemed happy enough to carry on for the rest of the season. He had also briefly led the race for a lap, which was the last time he would lead a Grand Prix.
This was Toranosuke Takagi's final classified Formula One race finish. He failed to finish each of his subsequent eight races.
Standings after Grand Prix
- Note: Only the top five positions are included for both sets of standings.
- Lap leaders: Mika Häkkinen 24 (1-24), Eddie Irvine 2 (25-26), David Coulthard 31 (27-42, 46-60), Heinz-Harald Frentzen 2 (43-44), Damon Hill 1 (45)
- "1999 British Grand Prix". The Official Formula 1 Website. Retrieved 1 May 2014.
- "1999 British Grand Prix". chicanef1.com. Retrieved 1 May 2014.
- "Hill,Damon". Archived from the original on 19 January 2008. Retrieved 2007-12-18.
- "1999 British GP Qualifying". chicanef1.com. Retrieved 1 May 2014.
- "1999 British GP Results". chicanef1.com. Retrieved 1 May 2014.
|40x40px||Wikimedia Commons has media related to 1999 British Grand Prix.|
1999 French Grand Prix
|FIA Formula One World Championship
1999 Austrian Grand Prix
1998 British Grand Prix
|British Grand Prix||Next race:|
2000 British Grand Prix