2001 Grand Prix of Mosport
The 2001 Gran Turismo 3 Grand Prix of Mosport was an American Le Mans Series professional sports car race held at Mosport International Raceway near Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada from August 17 to the 19, 2001. It was the seventh round of the 2001 American Le Mans Series season and the 16th IMSA / Professional SportsCar Racing sanctioned sports car race held at the facility.
The overall race victory went to Audi Sport North America drivers Frank Biela and Emanuele Pirro marking the Audi R8's second consecutive win at Mosport. Second place went to Jan Magnussen and David Brabham in the Panoz LMP-1 Roadster-S, with Team Cadillac drivers Emmanuel Collard and Christophe Tinseau picking up the first American Le Mans Series podium for the Cadillac Northstar LMP01.
Dick Barbour Racing took the LMP675 victory with drivers Bruno Lambert and Didier de Radigues in the Reynard 01Q.
Corvette Racing drivers Ron Fellows and Johnny O'Connell drove the Chevrolet Corvette C5-R to the GTS class victory with BMW Schnitzer Motorsport drivers Jörg Müller and JJ Lehto taking the GT win in the BMW M3 GTR.
Class winners in bold.
- Pole Position - #1 Audi Sport North America - 1:08.222
- Fastest Lap - #2 Audi Sport North America - 1:10.002
- Time of race - 2:46:03.805
- Distance - 455.098 km
- Average Speed - 164.430 km/h
- Watkins, Gary (September 2001). "Red Alert - Race Report Mosport". Le Mans Series & Sportscar Racer (Indianapolis, Indiana: Haymarket Media Group). pp. 44–49.
- 2001 Grand Prix of Mosport Race Broadcast (American Le Mans Series YouTube Channel)
- Official Results
- World Sports Racing Prototypes - Race Results
|American Le Mans Series|
2001 Grand Prix of Portland
|2001 season||Next race:|
2001 Grand Prix of Mid-Ohio