The 2003 French Open was the second Grand Slam event of 2003 and the 102nd edition of the French Open. It took place at the Stade Roland Garros in Paris, France, from May 26 through June 8, 2003.
Both Albert Costa and Serena Williams were unsuccessful in their title defences, both being defeated in the semi-finals by eventual champions Juan Carlos Ferrero and Justine Henin-Hardenne respectively. Ferrero won his first Grand Slam title, defeating Martin Verkerk in the final, and Henin-Hardenne, who had previously won the event in 1997 as a junior, won after defeating Serena Williams, who had won the previous four Grand Slam events, in the semi-final and compatriot and rival Kim Clijsters in the final in straight sets. For Henin-Hardenne, it was the first of seven Grand Slam titles, and the first of four French Open titles.
23x15px Juan Carlos Ferrero defeated 23x15px Martin Verkerk, 6–1, 6–3, 6–2
- It was Ferrero's 3rd title of the year, and his 10th overall. It was his 1st career Grand Slam title.
23x15px Justine Henin-Hardenne defeated 23x15px Kim Clijsters, 6–0, 6–4
- It was Henin's 4th title of the year, and her 10th overall. It was her 1st of 7 career Grand Slam titles, and the first of her four French Open singles titles.
23x15px Mike Bryan / 23x15px Bob Bryan defeated 23x15px Paul Haarhuis / 23x15px Yevgeny Kafelnikov, 7–6, 6–3
- It was Michael and Robert's 1st career Grand Slam title.
23x15px Kim Clijsters / Template:Country data JPN Ai Sugiyama defeated 23x15px Virginia Ruano Pascual / 23x15px Paola Suárez, 6–7(5), 6–2, 9–7
- It was Clijsters's 1st career Grand Slam title.
- It was Sugiyama's 2nd career Grand Slam title, and her 1st French Open title.
23x15px Lisa Raymond / 23x15px Mike Bryan defeated 23x15px Elena Likhovtseva / Template:Country data IND Mahesh Bhupathi, 6–3, 6–4
Top 5 Seeds
23x16px Stanislas Wawrinka defeated 23x15px Brian Baker, 7–5, 4–6, 6–3
23x15px Anna-Lena Grönefeld defeated 23x15px Vera Dushevina, 6–4, 6–4
23x15px György Balázs / Template:Country data ISR Dudi Sela defeated 23x15px Kamil Čapkovič / 23x15px Lado Chikhladze, 5–7, 6–1, 6–2
23x15px Marta Fraga Pérez / 23x15px Adriana González Peñas defeated 23x15px Kateřina Böhmová / 23x15px Michaëlla Krajicek, 6–0, 6–3
- ^ Verkerk became only the third Dutch player, after Tom Okker and Richard Krajicek, to reach a Grand Slam men's singles final.
- ^ This was the first ever all-Belgian Grand Slam singles final.
- ^ Henin became the first Belgian player (male or female) to win a Grand Slam singles title.