2008 NFL draft
The 2008 NFL Draft took place at Radio City Music Hall in New York City on April 26 and April 27, 2008. For the 29th consecutive year, ESPN televised the draft; the NFL Network also broadcast the event, its third year doing so. Of the 252 selections, 220 were regular selections in rounds one through seven, and 32 were compensatory selections, distributed among rounds three through seven.
For the first time since the common draft began, no wide receiver was selected in the first round. For the first time ever, the first two picks had the same last name (Jake Long and Chris Long). Also, a record 34 trades were made during the draft itself.
Changes for 2008
The schedule for the draft was changed: day one began at 3:00 PM EDT (1900 UTC), instead of noon, and consisted of just two rounds. Day two began with round three at 10:00 AM EDT (1400 UTC), instead of 11:00 AM. Moreover, the time limits for day one selections were reduced, from 15 minutes to ten for first-round picks and from ten minutes to seven in the second. The limit remained five minutes for all picks in rounds three through seven.
The draft also marked the official debut of a new NFL shield logo, replacing the old shield logo which had been used since 1970, featuring eight white stars to represent each of the league's eight divisions, and a football rotated to the same angle as the one on the top of the Vince Lombardi Trophy given to the Super Bowl champion.
| style="background-color:#A8BDEC;" class="unsortable" width="3px" #REDIRECTmw:Help:Magic words#Other
This page is a soft redirect.
| style="background-color:#A8BDEC;" #REDIRECTmw:Help:Magic words#Other
This page is a soft redirect. Rnd.
|! style="background-color:#A8BDEC;" #REDIRECTmw:Help:Magic words#Other
This page is a soft redirect. Pick #
|1||1||Miami Dolphins||bgcolor="#faecc8"#REDIRECTmw:Help:Magic words#Other
This page is a soft redirect.Long, JakeJake Long†
|1||2||St. Louis Rams||Long, ChrisChris Long||DE||Virginia||ACC|
|1||3||Atlanta Falcons||bgcolor="#faecc8"#REDIRECTmw:Help:Magic words#Other
This page is a soft redirect.Ryan, MattMatt Ryan†
|1||4||Oakland Raiders||McFadden, DarrenDarren McFadden||RB||Arkansas||SEC|
|1||5||Kansas City Chiefs||Dorsey, GlennGlenn Dorsey||DT||LSU||SEC|
|1||6||New York Jets||Gholston, VernonVernon Gholston||DE||Ohio State||Big Ten|
|1||7||New Orleans Saints||Ellis, SedrickSedrick Ellis||DT||USC||Pac-10||from San Francisco via New England|
|1||8||Jacksonville Jaguars||Harvey, DerrickDerrick Harvey||DE||Florida||SEC||from Baltimore|
|1||9||Cincinnati Bengals||Rivers, KeithKeith Rivers||LB||USC||Pac-10|
|1||10||New England Patriots||bgcolor="#faecc8"#REDIRECTmw:Help:Magic words#Other
This page is a soft redirect.Mayo, JerodJerod Mayo†
|LB||Tennessee||SEC||from New Orleans|
|1||11||Buffalo Bills||McKelvin, LeodisLeodis McKelvin||CB||Troy||Sun Belt|
|1||12||Denver Broncos||bgcolor="#faecc8"#REDIRECTmw:Help:Magic words#Other
This page is a soft redirect.Clady, RyanRyan Clady†
|1||13||Carolina Panthers||Stewart, JonathanJonathan Stewart||RB||Oregon||Pac-10|
|1||14||Chicago Bears||Williams, ChrisChris Williams||OT||Vanderbilt||SEC|
|1||15||Kansas City Chiefs||bgcolor="#faecc8"#REDIRECTmw:Help:Magic words#Other
This page is a soft redirect.Albert, BrandenBranden Albert†
|1||16||Arizona Cardinals||bgcolor="#faecc8"#REDIRECTmw:Help:Magic words#Other
This page is a soft redirect.Rodgers-Cromartie, DominiqueDominique Rodgers-Cromartie†
|CB|| [[Tennessee State Tigers football#REDIRECTmw:Help:Magic words#Other
This page is a soft redirect.Tennessee State]]
|1||17||Detroit Lions||Cherilus, GosderGosder Cherilus||OT||Boston College||ACC||from Minnesota via Kansas City|
|1||18||Baltimore Ravens||Flacco, JoeJoe Flacco||QB||Delaware||CAA||from Houston|
|1||19||Carolina Panthers||Otah, JeffJeff Otah||OT||Pittsburgh||Big East||from Philadelphia|
|1||20||Tampa Bay Buccaneers||bgcolor="#faecc8"#REDIRECTmw:Help:Magic words#Other
This page is a soft redirect.Talib, AqibAqib Talib†
|1||21||Atlanta Falcons||Baker, SamSam Baker||OT||USC||Pac-10||from Washington|
|1||22||Dallas Cowboys||Jones, FelixFelix Jones||RB||Arkansas||SEC||from Cleveland|
|1||23||Pittsburgh Steelers||Mendenhall, RashardRashard Mendenhall||RB||Illinois||Big Ten|
|1||24||Tennessee Titans||bgcolor="#faecc8"#REDIRECTmw:Help:Magic words#Other
This page is a soft redirect.Johnson, ChrisChris Johnson†
|1||25||Dallas Cowboys||bgcolor="#faecc8"#REDIRECTmw:Help:Magic words#Other
This page is a soft redirect.Jenkins, MikeMike Jenkins†
|CB||South Florida||Big East||from Seattle|
|1||26||Houston Texans||bgcolor="#faecc8"#REDIRECTmw:Help:Magic words#Other
This page is a soft redirect.Brown, DuaneDuane Brown†
|OT||Virginia Tech||ACC||from Jacksonville via Baltimore|
|1||27||San Diego Chargers||Cason, AntoineAntoine Cason||CB||Arizona||Pac-10|
|1||28||Seattle Seahawks||Jackson, LawrenceLawrence Jackson||DE||USC||Pac-10||from Dallas|
|1||29||San Francisco 49ers||Balmer, KentwanKentwan Balmer||DT||North Carolina||ACC||from Indianapolis|
|1||30||New York Jets||Keller, DustinDustin Keller||TE||Purdue||Big Ten||from Green Bay|
| bgcolor="#fe2e2e"#REDIRECTmw:Help:Magic words#Other
This page is a soft redirect.
|1||–||New England Patriots||selection forfeited due to "Spygate" scandal |
|1||31||New York Giants||Phillips, KennyKenny Phillips||S||Miami (FL)||ACC|
|2||32||Miami Dolphins||Merling, PhillipPhillip Merling||DE||Clemson||ACC|
|2||33||St. Louis Rams||Avery, DonnieDonnie Avery||WR||Houston||C-USA|
|2||34||Washington Redskins||Thomas, DevinDevin Thomas||WR||Michigan State||Big Ten||from Oakland via Atlanta|
|2||35||Kansas City Chiefs||bgcolor="#faecc8"#REDIRECTmw:Help:Magic words#Other
This page is a soft redirect.Flowers, BrandonBrandon Flowers†
|2||36||Green Bay Packers||bgcolor="#faecc8"#REDIRECTmw:Help:Magic words#Other
This page is a soft redirect.Nelson, JordyJordy Nelson†
|WR||Kansas State||Big 12||from New York Jets|
|2||37||Atlanta Falcons||Lofton, CurtisCurtis Lofton||LB||Oklahoma||Big 12|
|2||38||Seattle Seahawks||Carlson, JohnJohn Carlson||TE||Notre Dame||Ind.||from Baltimore|
|2||39||San Francisco 49ers||Rachal, ChiloChilo Rachal||G||USC||Pac-10|
|2||40||New Orleans Saints||Porter, TracyTracy Porter||CB||Indiana||Big Ten|
|2||41||Buffalo Bills||Hardy, JamesJames Hardy||WR||Indiana||Big Ten|
|2||42||Denver Broncos||Royal, EddieEddie Royal||WR||Virginia Tech||ACC|
|2||43||Minnesota Vikings||Johnson, TyrellTyrell Johnson||S||Arkansas State||Sun Belt||from Carolina via Philadelphia|
|2||44||Chicago Bears||bgcolor="#faecc8"#REDIRECTmw:Help:Magic words#Other
This page is a soft redirect.Forté, MattMatt Forté†
|2||45||Detroit Lions||Dizon, JordonJordon Dizon||LB||Colorado||Big 12|
|2||46||Cincinnati Bengals||Simpson, JeromeJerome Simpson||WR|| [[Coastal Carolina Chanticleers football#REDIRECTmw:Help:Magic words#Other
This page is a soft redirect.Coastal Carolina]]
|2||47||Philadelphia Eagles||Laws, TrevorTrevor Laws||DT||Notre Dame||Ind.||from Minnesota|
|2||48||Washington Redskins||Davis, FredFred Davis||TE||USC||Pac-10||from Houston via Atlanta|
|2||49||Philadelphia Eagles||bgcolor="#faecc8"#REDIRECTmw:Help:Magic words#Other
This page is a soft redirect.Jackson, DeSeanDeSean Jackson†
|2||50||Arizona Cardinals||bgcolor="#faecc8"#REDIRECTmw:Help:Magic words#Other
This page is a soft redirect.Campbell, CalaisCalais Campbell†
|2||51||Washington Redskins||Kelly, MalcolmMalcolm Kelly||WR||Oklahoma||Big 12|
|2||52||Jacksonville Jaguars||Groves, QuentinQuentin Groves||DE||Auburn||SEC||from Tampa Bay|
|2||53||Pittsburgh Steelers||Sweed, LimasLimas Sweed||WR||Texas||Big 12|
|2||54||Tennessee Titans||Jones, JasonJason Jones||DT||Eastern Michigan||MAC|
|2||55||Baltimore Ravens||bgcolor="#faecc8"#REDIRECTmw:Help:Magic words#Other
This page is a soft redirect.Rice, RayRay Rice†
|RB||Rutgers||Big East||from Seattle|
|2||56||Green Bay Packers||Brohm, BrianBrian Brohm||QB||Louisville||Big East||from Cleveland|
|2||57||Miami Dolphins||Henne, ChadChad Henne||QB||Michigan||Big Ten||from San Diego|
|2||58||Tampa Bay Buccaneers||Jackson, DexterDexter Jackson||WR||Appalachian State||SoCon||from Jacksonville|
|2||59||Indianapolis Colts||Pollak, MikeMike Pollak||C||Arizona State||Pac-10|
|2||60||Green Bay Packers||Lee, PatrickPatrick Lee||CB||Auburn||SEC|
|2||61||Dallas Cowboys||bgcolor="#faecc8"#REDIRECTmw:Help:Magic words#Other
This page is a soft redirect.Bennett, MartellusMartellus Bennett†
|TE||Texas A&M||Big 12|
|2||62||New England Patriots||Wheatley, TerrenceTerrence Wheatley||CB||Colorado||Big 12|
|2||63||New York Giants||Thomas, TerrellTerrell Thomas||CB||USC||Pac-10|
|3||64||Detroit Lions||Smith, KevinKevin Smith||RB||Central Florida||C-USA||from Miami|
|3||65||St. Louis Rams||Greco, JohnJohn Greco||OT||Toledo||MAC|
|3||66||Miami Dolphins||Langford, KendallKendall Langford||DE|| [[Hampton Pirates football#REDIRECTmw:Help:Magic words#Other
This page is a soft redirect.Hampton]]
|MEAC||from Detroit via Kansas City|
|3||67||Carolina Panthers||Godfrey, CharlesCharles Godfrey||CB||Iowa||Big Ten||from New York Jets|
|3||68||Atlanta Falcons||Jackson, ChevisChevis Jackson||CB||LSU||SEC|
|3||69||San Diego Chargers||Hester, JacobJacob Hester||FB||LSU||SEC||from Oakland via New England|
|3||70||Chicago Bears||Bennett, EarlEarl Bennett||WR||Vanderbilt||SEC||from San Francisco|
|3||71||Baltimore Ravens||Gooden, TavaresTavares Gooden||LB||Miami (FL)||ACC||from Baltimore via Buffalo and Jacksonville|
|3||72||Buffalo Bills||Ellis, ChrisChris Ellis||DE||Virginia Tech||ACC|
|3||73||Kansas City Chiefs||bgcolor="#faecc8"#REDIRECTmw:Help:Magic words#Other
This page is a soft redirect.Charles, JamaalJamaal Charles†
|RB||Texas||Big 12||from Denver via Minnesota|
|3||74||Carolina Panthers||Connor, DanDan Connor||LB||Penn State||Big Ten|
|3||75||San Francisco 49ers||Smith, ReggieReggie Smith||CB||Oklahoma||Big 12||from Chicago|
|3||76||Kansas City Chiefs||Cottam, BradBrad Cottam||TE||Tennessee||SEC||from Detroit|
|3||77||Cincinnati Bengals||Sims, PatPat Sims||DT||Auburn||SEC|
|3||78||New England Patriots||Crable, ShawnShawn Crable||LB||Michigan||Big Ten||from New Orleans|
|3||79||Houston Texans||Molden, AntwaunAntwaun Molden||CB|| [[Eastern Kentucky Colonels football#REDIRECTmw:Help:Magic words#Other
This page is a soft redirect.Eastern Kentucky]]
|3||80||Philadelphia Eagles||Smith, BryanBryan Smith||DE|| [[McNeese State Cowboys football#REDIRECTmw:Help:Magic words#Other
This page is a soft redirect.McNeese State]]
|3||81||Arizona Cardinals||Doucet, EarlyEarly Doucet||WR||LSU||SEC|
|3||82||Kansas City Chiefs||Morgan, DaJuanDaJuan Morgan||S||NC State||ACC||from Minnesota|
|3||83||Tampa Bay Buccaneers||Zuttah, JeremyJeremy Zuttah||G||Rutgers||Big East|
|3||84||Atlanta Falcons||Douglas, HarryHarry Douglas||WR||Louisville||Big East||from Washington|
|3||85||Tennessee Titans||Stevens, CraigCraig Stevens||TE||California||Pac-10|
|3||86||Baltimore Ravens||Zbikowski, TomTom Zbikowski||S||Notre Dame||Ind.||from Seattle|
|3||87||Detroit Lions||Fluellen, AndreAndre Fluellen||DT||Florida State||ACC||from Cleveland|
|3||88||Pittsburgh Steelers||Davis, BruceBruce Davis||DE||UCLA||Pac-10|
|3||89||Houston Texans||Slaton, SteveSteve Slaton||RB||West Virginia||Big East||from Jacksonville via Baltimore|
|3||90||Chicago Bears||Harrison, MarcusMarcus Harrison||DT||Arkansas||SEC||from San Diego|
|3||91||Green Bay Packers||Finley, JermichaelJermichael Finley||TE||Texas||Big 12|
|3||92||Detroit Lions||Avril, CliffCliff Avril||DE||Purdue||Big Ten||from Dallas|
|3||93||Indianapolis Colts||Wheeler, PhilipPhilip Wheeler||LB||Georgia Tech||ACC|
|3||94||New England Patriots||O'Connell, KevinKevin O'Connell||QB||San Diego State||MWC|
|3||95||New York Giants||Manningham, MarioMario Manningham||WR||Michigan||Big Ten|
|Washington Redskins||Rinehart, ChadChad Rinehart||OT||Northern Iowa||Gateway|
|Cincinnati Bengals||Caldwell, AndreAndre Caldwell||WR||Florida||SEC|
|Atlanta Falcons||bgcolor="#faecc8"#REDIRECTmw:Help:Magic words#Other
This page is a soft redirect.DeCoud, ThomasThomas DeCoud†
|Baltimore Ravens||Cousins, OnielOniel Cousins||OT||UTEP||C-USA|
|4||100||Oakland Raiders||Branch, TyvonTyvon Branch||CB||Connecticut||Big East||from Miami via Dallas|
|4||101||St. Louis Rams||King, JustinJustin King||CB||Penn State||Big Ten|
|4||102||Green Bay Packers||Thompson, JeremyJeremy Thompson||DE||Wake Forest||ACC||from New York Jets|
|4||103||Tennessee Titans||Hayes, WilliamWilliam Hayes||DE|| [[Winston-Salem State Rams football#REDIRECTmw:Help:Magic words#Other
This page is a soft redirect.Winston-Salem State]]
|MEAC||from Atlanta via Washington|
|4||104||Cleveland Browns||Bell, BeauBeau Bell||LB||UNLV||MWC||from Oakland via Dallas|
|4||105||Kansas City Chiefs||Franklin, WilliamWilliam Franklin||WR||Missouri||Big 12|
|4||106||Baltimore Ravens||Smith, MarcusMarcus Smith||WR||New Mexico||MWC|
|4||107||San Francisco 49ers||Wallace, CodyCody Wallace||C||Texas A&M||Big 12|
|4||108||Denver Broncos||Lichtensteiger, KoryKory Lichtensteiger||C||Bowling Green||MAC|
|4||109||Philadelphia Eagles||McGlynn, MikeMike McGlynn||G||Pittsburgh||Big East||from Carolina|
|4||110||Miami Dolphins||Murphy, ShawnShawn Murphy||OT||Utah State||WAC||from Chicago|
|4||111||Cleveland Browns||Rucker, MartinMartin Rucker||TE||Missouri||Big 12||from Detroit via Dallas|
|4||112||Cincinnati Bengals||Collins, AnthonyAnthony Collins||OT||Kansas||Big 12|
|4||113||New York Jets||Lowery, DwightDwight Lowery||CB||San Jose State||WAC||from Green Bay via New York Jets and New Orleans|
|4||114||Buffalo Bills||Corner, ReggieReggie Corner||CB||Akron||MAC|
|4||115||Tampa Bay Buccaneers||Moore, DreDre Moore||DT||Maryland||ACC||from Miami via Philadelphia|
|4||116||Arizona Cardinals||Iwebema, KennyKenny Iwebema||DE||Iowa||Big Ten|
|4||117||Philadelphia Eagles||Demps, QuintinQuintin Demps||S||UTEP||C-USA||from Minnesota|
|4||118||Houston Texans||Adibi, XavierXavier Adibi||LB||Virginia Tech||ACC|
|4||119||Denver Broncos||Williams, JackJack Williams||CB||Kent State||MAC||from Washington|
|4||120||Chicago Bears||Steltz, CraigCraig Steltz||S||LSU||SEC||from Tampa Bay|
|4||121||Seattle Seahawks||Bryant, RedRed Bryant||DT||Texas A&M||Big 12|
|4||122||Dallas Cowboys||Choice, TashardTashard Choice||RB||Georgia Tech||ACC||from Cleveland|
|4||123||New York Giants||Kehl, BryanBryan Kehl||LB||BYU||MWC||from Pittsburgh|
|4||124||Washington Redskins||Tryon, JustinJustin Tryon||CB||Arizona State||Pac-10||from Tennessee|
| bgcolor="#2efe2e"#REDIRECTmw:Help:Magic words#Other
This page is a soft redirect.
|4||–||San Diego Chargers||selection forfeited because of use of 4th round selection in 2007 Supplemental Draft |
|4||125||Oakland Raiders||Shields, ArmanArman Shields||WR||Richmond||CAA||from Jacksonville via Baltimore|
|4||126||Tennessee Titans||Hawkins, LavelleLavelle Hawkins||WR||California||Pac-10||from Dallas|
|4||127||Indianapolis Colts||Tamme, JacobJacob Tamme||TE||Kentucky||SEC|
|4||128||St. Louis Rams||Burton, KeenanKeenan Burton||WR||Kentucky||SEC||from Green Bay|
|4||129||New England Patriots||Wilhite, JonathanJonathan Wilhite||CB||Auburn||SEC|
|4||130||Pittsburgh Steelers||Hills, TonyTony Hills||OT||Texas||Big 12||from New York Giants|
|Philadelphia Eagles||Ikegwuonu, JackJack Ikegwuonu||CB||Wisconsin||Big Ten|
|Buffalo Bills||Fine, DerekDerek Fine||TE||Kansas||Big 12|
|Baltimore Ravens||Hale, DavidDavid Hale||OT|| [[Weber State Wildcats football#REDIRECTmw:Help:Magic words#Other
This page is a soft redirect.Weber State]]
|Tennessee Titans||Keglar, StanfordStanford Keglar||LB||Purdue||Big Ten|
|Green Bay Packers||bgcolor="#faecc8"#REDIRECTmw:Help:Magic words#Other
This page is a soft redirect.Sitton, JoshJosh Sitton†
|5||136||Detroit Lions||Moore, KennethKenneth Moore||WR||Wake Forest||ACC||from Miami via Kansas City|
|5||137||Minnesota Vikings||Booty, John DavidJohn David Booty||QB||USC||Pac-10||from St. Louis via Green Bay|
|5||138||Atlanta Falcons||James, RobertRobert James||LB||Arizona State||Pac-10|
|5||139||Denver Broncos||Torain, RyanRyan Torain||RB||Arizona State||Pac-10||from Oakland|
|5||140||Kansas City Chiefs||Carr, BrandonBrandon Carr||CB|| [[Grand Valley State Lakers football#REDIRECTmw:Help:Magic words#Other
This page is a soft redirect.Grand Valley State]]
|5||141||Carolina Panthers||Barnidge, GaryGary Barnidge||TE||Louisville||Big East||from NY Jets|
| bgcolor="#2efef7"#REDIRECTmw:Help:Magic words#Other
This page is a soft redirect.
|5||–||San Francisco 49ers||selection forfeited as penalty for violating anti-tampering rules|
| bgcolor="#2efef7"#REDIRECTmw:Help:Magic words#Other
This page is a soft redirect.
|5||–||Baltimore Ravens||selection forfeited because of use of 5th round selection in 2007 Supplemental Draft |
|5||142||Chicago Bears||Bowman, ZackaryZackary Bowman||CB||Nebraska||Big 12||from Carolina|
|5||143||Dallas Cowboys||Scandrick, OrlandoOrlando Scandrick||CB||Boise State||WAC||from Chicago via Buffalo and Jacksonville|
|5||144||New Orleans Saints||Pressley, DeMarioDeMario Pressley||DT||NC State||ACC||from Detroit|
|5||145||Cincinnati Bengals||Shirley, JasonJason Shirley||DT||Fresno State||WAC|
|5||146||Detroit Lions||bgcolor="#faecc8"#REDIRECTmw:Help:Magic words#Other
This page is a soft redirect.Felton, JeromeJerome Felton†
|FB|| [[Furman Paladins football#REDIRECTmw:Help:Magic words#Other
This page is a soft redirect.Furman]]
|SoCon||from New Orleans|
|5||147||Buffalo Bills||Bowen, AlvinAlvin Bowen||LB||Iowa State||Big 12|
|5||148||Denver Broncos||Powell, CarltonCarlton Powell||DT||Virginia Tech||ACC|
|5||149||Arizona Cardinals||Hightower, TimTim Hightower||RB||Richmond||CAA|
|5||150||Green Bay Packers||Giacomini, BrenoBreno Giacomini||OT||Louisville||Big East||from Minnesota|
|5||151||Houston Texans||Okam, FrankFrank Okam||DT||Texas||Big 12|
|5||152||Minnesota Vikings||Guion, LetroyLetroy Guion||DT||Florida State||ACC||from Philadelphia|
|5||153||New England Patriots||bgcolor="#faecc8"#REDIRECTmw:Help:Magic words#Other
This page is a soft redirect.Slater, MatthewMatthew Slater†
|WR||UCLA||Pac-10||from Tampa Bay|
|5||154||Atlanta Falcons||Biermann, KroyKroy Biermann||DE||Montana||Big Sky||from Washington|
|5||155||Jacksonville Jaguars||Williams, ThomasThomas Williams||LB||USC||Pac-10||from Cleveland via Dallas|
|5||156||Pittsburgh Steelers||Dixon, DennisDennis Dixon||QB||Oregon||Pac-10|
|5||157||St. Louis Rams||Schuening, RoyRoy Schuening||G||Oregon State||Pac-10||from Tennessee via Washington|
|5||158||Chicago Bears||Davis, KellenKellen Davis||TE||Michigan State||Big Ten||from Seattle via Jacksonville and Tampa Bay|
|5||159||Jacksonville Jaguars||Williams, TraeTrae Williams||CB||South Florida||Big East|
|5||160||Tampa Bay Buccaneers||Johnson, JoshJosh Johnson||QB|| [[San Diego Toreros football#REDIRECTmw:Help:Magic words#Other
This page is a soft redirect.San Diego]]
|Pioneer||from San Diego via New England|
|5||161||Indianapolis Colts||Howard, MarcusMarcus Howard||DE||Georgia||SEC|
|5||162||New York Jets||Ainge, ErikErik Ainge||QB||Tennessee||SEC||from Green Bay|
|5||163||Seattle Seahawks||Schmitt, OwenOwen Schmitt||FB||West Virginia||Big East||from Dallas|
|5||164||New Orleans Saints||bgcolor="#faecc8"#REDIRECTmw:Help:Magic words#Other
This page is a soft redirect.Nicks, CarlCarl Nicks†
|OT||Nebraska||Big 12||from New England|
|5||165||New York Giants||Goff, JonathanJonathan Goff||LB||Vanderbilt||SEC|
|San Diego Chargers||Thomas, MarcusMarcus Thomas||RB||UTEP||C-USA|
|6||167||Dallas Cowboys||Walden, ErikErik Walden||DE||Middle Tennessee||Sun Belt||from Miami|
|6||168||Washington Redskins||Brooks, DurantDurant Brooks||P||Georgia Tech||ACC||from St. Louis|
|6||169||Oakland Raiders||Scott, TrevorTrevor Scott||DE||Buffalo||MAC|
|6||170||Kansas City Chiefs||Richardson, BarryBarry Richardson||OT||Clemson||ACC|
|6||171||New York Jets||Henry, MarcusMarcus Henry||WR||Kansas||Big 12|
|6||172||Atlanta Falcons||Brown, ThomasThomas Brown||RB||Georgia||SEC|
|6||173||Houston Texans||Barber, DominiqueDominique Barber||S||Minnesota||Big Ten||from Baltimore|
|6||174||San Francisco 49ers||Morgan, JoshJosh Morgan||WR||Virginia Tech||ACC|
|6||175||Tampa Bay Buccaneers||Hayes, GenoGeno Hayes||LB||Florida State||ACC||from Chicago|
|6||176||Miami Dolphins||Parmele, JalenJalen Parmele||RB||Toledo||MAC||from Detroit|
|6||177||Cincinnati Bengals||Lynch, CoreyCorey Lynch||S||Appalachian State||SoCon|
|6||178||New Orleans Saints||Mehlhaff, TaylorTaylor Mehlhaff||K||Wisconsin||Big Ten|
|6||179||Buffalo Bills||Omon, XavierXavier Omon||RB|| [[Northwest Missouri State Bearcats football#REDIRECTmw:Help:Magic words#Other
This page is a soft redirect.NW Missouri State]]
|6||180||Washington Redskins||Moore, KareemKareem Moore||S|| [[Nicholls State Colonels football#REDIRECTmw:Help:Magic words#Other
This page is a soft redirect.Nicholls State]]
|Southland||from Denver via St. Louis|
|6||181||Carolina Panthers||Hayden, NickNick Hayden||DT||Wisconsin||Big Ten|
|6||182||Kansas City Chiefs||Robinson, KevinKevin Robinson||WR||Utah State||WAC||from Minnesota|
|6||183||Denver Broncos||Larsen, SpencerSpencer Larsen||LB||Arizona||Pac-10||from Houston|
|6||184||Philadelphia Eagles||Gibson, MikeMike Gibson||OT||California||Pac-10|
|6||185||Arizona Cardinals||Harrington, ChrisChris Harrington||DE||Texas A&M||Big 12|
|6||186||Washington Redskins||Brennan, ColtColt Brennan||QB||Hawaiʻi||WAC|
|6||187||Minnesota Vikings||Sullivan, JohnJohn Sullivan||C||Notre Dame||Ind.||from Tampa Bay via Kansas City|
|6||188||Pittsburgh Steelers||Humpal, MikeMike Humpal||LB||Iowa||Big Ten|
|6||189||Seattle Seahawks||Schmitt, TylerTyler Schmitt||LS||San Diego State||MWC||from Tennessee|
|6||190||Cleveland Browns||Rubin, AhtybaAhtyba Rubin||DT||Iowa State||Big 12||from Seattle|
|6||191||Cleveland Browns||Hubbard, PaulPaul Hubbard||WR||Wisconsin||Big Ten||from Cleveland via Philadelphia|
|6||192||San Diego Chargers||Tribble, DeJuanDeJuan Tribble||CB||Boston College||ACC|
|6||193||Minnesota Vikings||Johnson, JaymarJaymar Johnson||WR|| [[Jackson State Tigers football#REDIRECTmw:Help:Magic words#Other
This page is a soft redirect.Jackson State]]
|6||194||Pittsburgh Steelers||Mundy, RyanRyan Mundy||S||West Virginia||Big East||from Green Bay via New York Giants|
|6||195||Miami Dolphins||Thomas, DonaldDonald Thomas||G||Connecticut||Big East||from Dallas|
|6||196||Indianapolis Colts||Santi, TomTom Santi||TE||Virginia||ACC|
|6||197||New England Patriots||Ruud, BoBo Ruud||LB||Nebraska||Big 12|
|6||198||New York Giants||Woodson, Andre'Andre' Woodson||QB||Kentucky||SEC|
|New York Giants||Henderson, RobertRobert Henderson||DE||Southern Miss||C-USA|
|Philadelphia Eagles||Mays, JoeJoe Mays||LB|| [[North Dakota State Bison football#REDIRECTmw:Help:Magic words#Other
This page is a soft redirect.North Dakota State]]
|Indianapolis Colts||Justice, SteveSteve Justice||C||Wake Forest||ACC|
|Indianapolis Colts||Hart, MikeMike Hart||RB||Michigan||Big Ten|
|Philadelphia Eagles||Studebaker, AndyAndy Studebaker||DE|| [[Wheaton Thunder football#REDIRECTmw:Help:Magic words#Other
This page is a soft redirect.Wheaton (IL)]]
|Miami Dolphins||Hilliard, LexLex Hilliard||RB||Montana||Big Sky|
|Indianapolis Colts||Garçon, PierrePierre Garçon||WR|| [[Mount Union Purple Raiders football#REDIRECTmw:Help:Magic words#Other
This page is a soft redirect.Mount Union]]
|Baltimore Ravens||Nakamura, HarukiHaruki Nakamura||S||Cincinnati||Big East|
|Cincinnati Bengals||Sherry, MattMatt Sherry||TE|| [[Villanova Wildcats football#REDIRECTmw:Help:Magic words#Other
This page is a soft redirect.Villanova]]
|7||208||Chicago Bears||Baldwin, ErvinErvin Baldwin||DE||Michigan State||Big Ten||from Miami|
|7||209||Green Bay Packers||Flynn, MattMatt Flynn||QB||LSU||SEC||from St. Louis via Minnesota|
|7||210||Kansas City Chiefs||Johnston, BrianBrian Johnston||DE|| [[Gardner–Webb Runnin' Bulldogs football#REDIRECTmw:Help:Magic words#Other
This page is a soft redirect.Gardner-Webb]]
|7||211||New York Jets||Garner, NateNate Garner||OT||Arkansas||SEC|
|7||212||Atlanta Falcons||Fontenot, WilreyWilrey Fontenot||CB||Arizona||Pac-10|
|7||213||Jacksonville Jaguars||Washington, ChaunceyChauncey Washington||RB||USC||Pac-10||from Oakland via Dallas|
|7||214||San Francisco 49ers||Grant, LarryLarry Grant||LB||Ohio State||Big Ten|
|7||215||Baltimore Ravens||Harper, JustinJustin Harper||WR||Virginia Tech||ACC|
|7||216||Detroit Lions||Cohen, LandonLandon Cohen||DT||Ohio||MAC|
|7||217||Green Bay Packers||Swain, BrettBrett Swain||WR||San Diego State||MWC||from Cincinnati via St. Louis|
|7||218||Detroit Lions||Campbell, CalebCaleb Campbell||S||Army||Ind.||from New Orleans|
|7||219||Buffalo Bills||Bell, DemetriusDemetrius Bell||OT|| [[Northwestern State Demons football#REDIRECTmw:Help:Magic words#Other
This page is a soft redirect.Northwestern State]]
|7||220||Denver Broncos||Barrett, JoshJosh Barrett||S||Arizona State||Pac-10|
|7||221||Carolina Panthers||Taylor, HileeHilee Taylor||LB||North Carolina||ACC|
|7||222||Chicago Bears||Adams, ChesterChester Adams||G||Georgia||SEC|
|7||223||Houston Texans||Brink, AlexAlex Brink||QB||Washington State||Pac-10|
|7||224||Buffalo Bills||Johnson, SteveSteve Johnson||WR||Kentucky||SEC||from Philadelphia|
|7||225||Arizona Cardinals||Keith, BrandonBrandon Keith||OT||Northern Iowa||Gateway|
|7||226||Oakland Raiders||Schilens, ChazChaz Schilens||WR||San Diego State||MWC||from Minnesota via New York Jets|
|7||227||Denver Broncos||Hillis, PeytonPeyton Hillis||FB||Arkansas||SEC||from Tampa Bay|
|7||228||St. Louis Rams||Chamberlain, ChrisChris Chamberlain||LB||Tulsa||C-USA||from Washington|
|7||229||Tennessee Titans||Williams, CaryCary Williams||CB|| [[Washburn Ichabods football#REDIRECTmw:Help:Magic words#Other
This page is a soft redirect.Washburn]]
|7||230||Philadelphia Eagles||Dunlap, KingKing Dunlap||OT||Auburn||SEC||from Seattle|
|7||231||Cleveland Browns||Hall, AlexAlex Hall||LB|| [[St. Augustine's Falcons football#REDIRECTmw:Help:Magic words#Other
This page is a soft redirect.St. Augustine's]]
|7||232||Atlanta Falcons||Zinger, KeithKeith Zinger||TE||LSU||SEC||from Pittsburgh|
|7||233||Seattle Seahawks||bgcolor="#faecc8"#REDIRECTmw:Help:Magic words#Other
This page is a soft redirect.Forsett, JustinJustin Forsett†
|7||234||San Diego Chargers||Clark, CoreyCorey Clark||OT||Texas A&M||Big 12|
|7||235||Seattle Seahawks||Coutu, BrandonBrandon Coutu||K||Georgia||SEC||from Dallas|
|7||236||Indianapolis Colts||Richard, JameyJamey Richard||C||Buffalo||MAC|
|7||237||New Orleans Saints||Arrington, AdrianAdrian Arrington||WR||Michigan||Big Ten||from Green Bay Packers|
|7||238||Tampa Bay Buccaneers||Boyd, CoryCory Boyd||RB||South Carolina||SEC||from New England|
|7||239||Kansas City Chiefs||Merritt, MikeMike Merritt||TE||Central Florida||C-USA||from NY Giants|
|Baltimore Ravens||Patrick, AllenAllen Patrick||RB||Oklahoma||Big 12|
|Carolina Panthers||Schwartz, GeoffGeoff Schwartz||OT||Oregon||Pac-10|
|Washington Redskins||Jackson, RobRob Jackson||DE||Kansas State||Big 12|
|Chicago Bears||LaRocque, JoeyJoey LaRocque||LB||Oregon State||Pac-10|
|Cincinnati Bengals||Craig, AngeloAngelo Craig||DE||Cincinnati||Big East|
|Miami Dolphins||Dotson, LionelLionel Dotson||DE||Arizona||Pac-10|
|Cincinnati Bengals||Urrutia, MarioMario Urrutia||WR||Louisville||Big East|
|Chicago Bears||Barton, KirkKirk Barton||OT||Ohio State||Big Ten|
|Chicago Bears||Monk, MarcusMarcus Monk||WR||Arkansas||SEC|
|Washington Redskins||Horton, ChrisChris Horton||S||UCLA||Pac-10|
|Carolina Panthers||Bernadeau, MackenzyMackenzy Bernadeau||G|| [[Bentley Falcons football#REDIRECTmw:Help:Magic words#Other
This page is a soft redirect.Bentley]]
|Buffalo Bills||Cox, KennardKennard Cox||CB||Pittsburgh||Big East|
|St. Louis Rams||Vobora, DavidDavid Vobora||LB||Idaho||WAC|
Notable undrafted players
|†||= Pro Bowler|
|Original NFL team||Player||Pos.||College||Conf.||Notes|
|Dallas Cowboys||Amendola, DannyDanny Amendola||WR||Texas Tech||Big 12|
|Denver Broncos||Woodyard, WesleyWesley Woodyard||LB||Kentucky||SEC|
|Green Bay Packers||Lansanah, DannyDanny Lansanah||OLB||Connecticut||Big East||
|Green Bay Packers||bgcolor="#faecc8"#REDIRECTmw:Help:Magic words#Other
This page is a soft redirect.Jansen, J. J.J. J. Jansen†
|LS||Notre Dame||Ind.||Long Snapper for the Carolina Panthers, 2009 - 2014.|
|Miami Dolphins||Bess, DavoneDavone Bess||WR||Hawaiʻi||WAC||54 receptions as a rookie is the 2nd most in NFL history for an undrafted rookie|
|Miami Dolphins||bgcolor="#faecc8"#REDIRECTmw:Help:Magic words#Other
This page is a soft redirect.Carpenter, DanDan Carpenter†
|Miami Dolphins||bgcolor="#faecc8"#REDIRECTmw:Help:Magic words#Other
This page is a soft redirect.Reece, MarcelMarcel Reece†
|Minnesota Vikings||Henderson, ErinErin Henderson||OLB||Maryland||ACC|
|New England Patriots||Green-Ellis, BenJarvusBenJarvus Green-Ellis||RB||Ole Miss||SEC|
|New Orleans Saints||Dunbar, Jo-LonnJo-Lonn Dunbar||LB||Boston College||ACC||Linebacker in Super Bowl XLIV for the New Orleans Saints, starting linebacker for New Orleans Saints and St. Louis Rams|
|New York Jets||Woodhead, DannyDanny Woodhead||RB||Chadron State||RMAC||Starting Running Back for the San Diego Chargers|
|Philadelphia Eagles||Arrington, KyleKyle Arrington||CB|| [[Hofstra Pride football#REDIRECTmw:Help:Magic words#Other
This page is a soft redirect.Hofstra University]]
|Philadelphia Eagles||Collins, JedJed Collins||FB||Washington State||Pac-10||Primary fullback with New Orleans Saints, Detroit Lions|
|Pittsburgh Steelers||Legursky, DougDoug Legursky||OL||Marshall||C-USA||starting center in Super Bowl XLV|
|San Diego Chargers||bgcolor="#faecc8"#REDIRECTmw:Help:Magic words#Other
This page is a soft redirect.Tolbert, MikeMike Tolbert†
|FB|| [[Coastal Carolina Chanticleers football#REDIRECTmw:Help:Magic words#Other
This page is a soft redirect.Coastal Carolina]]
|San Francisco 49ers||de la Puente, BrianBrian de la Puente||C||California||Pac-10||New Orleans Saints starting center from 2011-2013, currently with Chicago Bears|
|Seattle Seahawks||Hawthorne, DavidDavid Hawthorne||LB||TCU||MWC|
|Tampa Bay Buccaneers||bgcolor="#faecc8"#REDIRECTmw:Help:Magic words#Other
This page is a soft redirect.Smith, CliftonClifton Smith†
|RB||Fresno State||WAC||Earned trip to 2008 Pro Bowl his rookie season as a kick return specialist|
|Tennessee Titans||Freeman, JerrellJerrell Freeman||LB|| [[Mary Hardin–Baylor Crusaders football#REDIRECTmw:Help:Magic words#Other
This page is a soft redirect.Mary Hardin–Baylor]]
|Tennessee Titans||Velasco, FernandoFernando Velasco||OL||Georgia||SEC||Center for the Pittsburgh Steelers|
Original Draft Order
- First round
- No. 7: 49ers to Patriots. San Francisco traded its first-round selection in 2008 and a fourth-round selection in the 2007 draft (No. 110, traded to the Oakland Raiders for Randy Moss, used to select John Bowie), to New England for one of its first-round selections in 2007 (No. 28, used to select Joe Staley).
- No. 17: Vikings to Chiefs. Minnesota traded its first-round selection and their two third-round selections (No. 73 and 82) to Kansas City for defensive end Jared Allen.
- No. 22: Browns to Cowboys. Cleveland traded its first-round selection in 2008 and a second-round selection in 2007 (No. 36, later traded to Philadelphia, who selected Kevin Kolb) for Dallas' first-round selection in 2007 (No. 22, used to select Brady Quinn).
- No. 29: Colts to 49ers. Indianapolis traded its first-round selection in 2008 and a fourth-round selection in 2007 (No. 126, used to select Dashon Goldson) to San Francisco for San Francisco's second-round selection in 2007 (No. 42, used to select Tony Ugoh).
- Second round
- No. 34: Raiders to Falcons. Oakland traded its second-round selection in 2008 and its fifth-round selection in 2009 to Atlanta for cornerback DeAngelo Hall.
- No. 48: Texans to Falcons. Houston traded its second-round selection in 2008, and its second-round selection in 2007 (No. 39, used to select Justin Blalock) to Atlanta for quarterback Matt Schaub in a deal in which Houston and Atlanta swapped first-round draft picks (Atlanta selected Jamaal Anderson with No. 8, Houston drafted Amobi Okoye with No. 10).
- No. 56: Browns to Packers. Cleveland traded its second-round selection (used to select Brian Brohm) to the Green Bay Packers for Corey Williams.
- No. 57: Chargers to Dolphins. San Diego traded its second-round selection to Miami for wide receiver Chris Chambers.
- Third round
- No. 67: Jets to Panthers. The New York Jets traded their third-round and fifth-round selections to Carolina for Kris Jenkins.
- No. 69: Raiders to Patriots. Oakland traded its third-round selection in 2008, and the No. 211 selection in 2007 (used to select Oscar Lua) to New England for the No. 91 selection in 2007 (used to select Mario Henderson).
- No. 70 and 75: 49ers/Bears swap. As penalty for tampering with Bears linebacker Lance Briggs, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell ordered San Francisco to swap its third-round selection with Chicago's, and to forfeit its fifth-round selection.
- No. 71: Ravens to Bills. Baltimore traded its third-round selection in 2008, and the No. 92 and 239 selections in 2007 (used to select Trent Edwards and C. J. Ah You, respectively) to Buffalo for Willis McGahee.
- No. 71: Bills to Jaguars. Buffalo traded its third- and fifth- round selections to Jacksonville for defensive tackle Marcus Stroud.
- No. 73: Broncos to Vikings. Denver traded its third-round selection in 2008, and the No. 176 and 233 selections in 2007 to Minnesota for the No. 121 selection in 2007 (used to select Marcus Thomas).
- No. 73: Vikings to Chiefs. See No. 17: Vikings to Chiefs above.
- No. 82: Vikings to Chiefs. See No. 17: Vikings to Chiefs above.
- No. 87: Browns to Lions. Cleveland traded its third-round selection and Leigh Bodden to Detroit for Shaun Rogers.
- No. 90: Chargers to Bears. San Diego traded its third-round selection in 2008, as well as the No. 62, 93, and 167 selections in 2007 (used to select Dan Bazuin, Garrett Wolfe, and Kevin Payne, respectively) to Chicago for the No. 37 selection in 2007 (used to select Eric Weddle).
- Fourth round
- Dolphins to Cowboys. The Miami Dolphins traded their fourth-round selection in 2008 to the Dallas Cowboys for players Akin Ayodele and Anthony Fasano.
- Redskins to Broncos. The Washington Redskins traded their fourth-round selection in 2008, and their third-round selection in 2007 (used to select Ryan Harris) to Denver as part of a three-team trade in which Washington received T.J. Duckett and Atlanta received Ashley Lelie. (This was the result of a formula which could have had Denver and Washington swapping 2007 first-round selections.)
- Saints to Jets. The New Orleans Saints traded their fourth-round selection to the New York Jets for Jonathan Vilma and a conditional pick in the 2009 draft.
- Cowboys to Titans. The Dallas Cowboys traded their fourth-round selection to the Tennessee Titans for suspended defensive back Pacman Jones.
- Fifth round
- Jets to Panthers. As noted earlier, the Jets traded their third and fifth-round selections to Carolina in the Kris Jenkins deal.
- Dolphins to Chiefs. Miami conditionally traded its fifth-round selection to Kansas City for Trent Green. The selection would have been upgraded to a fourth-round selection if Green had met certain performance criteria. However, Green was injured in a game against the Houston Texans and would up on the injured reserve list for the remainder of the season.
- Bears to Bills. Chicago conditionally traded their fifth-round selection to Buffalo in exchange for Darwin Walker. The round of the selection was dependent on Walker's playing time.
- Panthers to Bears. Carolina traded their fifth-round selection to Chicago in exchange for Chris Harris.
- Raiders to Broncos. Oakland (conditionally) traded their fifth-round selection to Denver in exchange for Gerard Warren.
- Bills to Jaguars. As part of the Marcus Stroud trade, Buffalo traded their third- and fifth-round selections to Jacksonville.
- Seahawks to Jaguars. The Seattle Seahawks traded their fifth-round selection to Jacksonville for running back Alvin Pearman and the Jaguars' seventh-round pick.
- Sixth round
- Seahawks to Browns. Seattle traded their sixth-round selection to Cleveland in exchange for Charlie Frye.
- Packers to Giants. Green Bay traded their sixth-round selection to the New York Giants in exchange for running back Ryan Grant.
- Broncos to Rams. Denver traded their sixth-round selection to the St. Louis Rams for defensive tackle Jimmy Kennedy. The trade occurred after the Broncos had tried to trade the same pick to Miami for defensive tackle Dan Wilkinson; that trade was voided.
- Browns to Eagles. Cleveland traded their sixth-round selection to Philadelphia for center Hank Fraley. The trade was conditional on games started by Fraley, and could have fallen to a seventh-round pick, but Fraley started all 16 games.
- Cowboys to Dolphins. Dallas and Miami exchanged their sixth-round selections in a trade with Jason Ferguson going to the Dolphins as part of the deal.
- Jaguars to Vikings. Jacksonville traded their sixth-round selection to Minnesota for Troy Williamson.
- Texans to Broncos. Houston traded their sixth-round selection to Denver for Chris Myers.
- Titans to Seahawks. The Tennessee Titans traded their sixth-round selection to Seattle for defensive end Bryce Fisher.
- Buccaneers to Chiefs. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers traded their sixth-round selection to Kansas City for nose tackle Ryan Sims and running back Michael Bennett.
- Seventh round
- Steelers to Falcons. The Pittsburgh Steelers traded their seventh-round selection to Atlanta for kick/punt returner Allen Rossum.
- Seahawks to Eagles. Seattle traded their seventh-round selection to Philadelphia for fullback Josh Parry.
- Eagles to Bills. Philadelphia traded their seventh-round selection, and defensive tackle Darwin Walker, to Buffalo for linebacker Takeo Spikes and quarterback Kelly Holcomb.
- Rams to Vikings. St. Louis traded their seventh-round selection to Minnesota for offensive tackle Adam Goldberg.
- Giants to Chiefs. The Giants traded their seventh-round selection to Kansas City for kicker Lawrence Tynes.
- Vikings to Jets. Minnesota traded their seventh-round selection to the Jets in exchange for Brooks Bollinger.
- Bengals to Rams. Cincinnati traded their seventh-round selection to St. Louis in exchange for Ryan Fitzpatrick
- Jaguars to Seahawks. As noted above, the Jaguars exchanged their seventh-round pick along with running back Alvin Pearman to Seattle for the Seahawks' fifth-round selection.
- Buccaneers to Broncos. Tampa Bay traded a conditional 2008 draft pick to Denver for the rights to quarterback Jake Plummer. If Plummer, who is currently retired, had reported to the Buccaneers before the first pick of the 2008 draft was made, Tampa Bay would have sent the Broncos their fourth-round selection. Since Plummer did not report, Denver will receive Tampa's seventh-round selection.
Draft day trades
- First round
- No. 7: Patriots to Saints. New England traded its first- and fifth-round selections (No. 7 and 164) to New Orleans for New Orleans' first- and third-round selections (No. 10 and 78).
- No. 8: Ravens to Jaguars. Baltimore traded its first-round selection to Jacksonville for Jacksonville's first-round selection, two third-round selections, and fourth-round selection (No. 26, 71, 89, 125).
- No. 15: Lions to Chiefs. Detroit traded its first- and third-round selections (No. 15 and 76) to Kansas City for Kansas City's second first-round selection, first third-round selection, and first fifth-round selection (No. 17, 66, and 136).
- No. 18: Texans to Ravens. Houston traded its first-round selection to Baltimore for the first-round and (second) third-round selections Baltimore acquired from Jacksonville, and a sixth-round selection (No. 26, 89, and 173).
- No. 19: Eagles to Panthers. Philadelphia traded its first-round selection to Carolina for Carolina's second- and fourth-round selections in 2008 (No. 43 and 109), and Carolina's first-round pick in 2009.
- No. 21: Redskins to Falcons. Washington traded its first-, third-, and fifth-round selections (No. 21, 84, and 154) to Atlanta for two of Atlanta's second-round selections and its fourth-round selection (No. 34, 48, and 103).
- No. 25: Seahawks to Cowboys. Seattle traded its first-round selection to Dallas for Dallas' remaining first-round selection (No. 28) and its fifth- and seventh-round selections (No. 163 and 235).
- No. 30: Packers to Jets. Green Bay traded its first-round selection to the Jets for the Jets' second- and fourth-round selections (No. 36 and 113).
- Second round
- No. 34: Falcons to Redskins. See No. 21: Redskins to Falcons above.
- No. 36: Jets to Packers. See No. 30: Packers to Jets above.
- No. 38: Ravens to Seahawks. Baltimore traded its second-round selection (No. 38) to Seattle for Seattle's second- and third-round selections (No. 55 and 86).
- No. 43: Panthers to Eagles. See No. 19: Eagles to Panthers above.
- No. 43: Eagles to Vikings. Philadelphia traded its second- and fifth-round selections (No. 43 and 152) to Minnesota for Minnesota's second- and fourth-round selections (No. 47 and 117).
- No. 48: Falcons to Redskins. See No. 21: Redskins to Falcons above.
- No. 52: Buccaneers to Jaguars. Tampa Bay traded its second-round selection to Jacksonville for Jacksonville's second- and fifth-round selections (No. 58 and 158) and a seventh-round selection in 2009.
- Third round
- No. 64: Dolphins to Lions. Miami traded its third-round selection to Detroit for Detroit's third- and sixth-round selections (No. 66 and 176).
- No. 66, 76: Lions/Chiefs swap. See No. 15: Lions to Chiefs above.
- No. 69: Patriots to Chargers. New England traded the first of its third-round selections to San Diego for San Diego's fifth-round selection in 2008 (No. 160) and second-round selection in 2009.
- No. 78: Saints to Patriots. See No. 7: Patriots to Saints above.
- No. 84: Redskins to Falcons. See No. 21: Redskins to Falcons above.
- No. 89: Jaguars to Ravens. See No. 8: Ravens to Jaguars above.
- No. 89: Ravens to Texans. See No. 18: Texans to Ravens above.
- No. 92: Cowboys to Lions. Dallas traded its third-round selection to Detroit for Detroit's fourth-round selection in 2008 (No. 111) and fourth-round selection in 2009.
- Fourth round
- Jaguars to Ravens. See first-round trade above.
- Panthers to Eagles. See first-round trade above.
- Falcons to Redskins. See first-round trade above.
- Jets to Packers. See first-round trade above.
- Vikings to Eagles. See second-round trade above.
- Packers to Jets. Green Bay traded their fourth round selection (#113 overall) and fifth round selection (#162 overall) to the Jets for New York's fourth round selection (#102 overall)
- Eagles to Dolphins. Philadelphia traded their fourth-round selection (#115 overall) to Miami for running back Lorenzo Booker.
- Lions to Cowboys. See third-round trade above.
- Cowboys to Raiders. Dallas traded their fourth-round selection (#100 overall) to Oakland for their fourth-round selection (#104 overall) and seventh-round selection (#213 overall).
- Cowboys to Browns. Dallas traded their fourth-round selection (#104 overall) to Cleveland for their fourth-round selection (#122 overall), and fifth-round selection (#155 overall).
- Cowboys to Browns. Dallas traded their fourth-round selection (#111 overall) to Cleveland for their 2009 NFL Draft third-round selection.
- Steelers to Giants. Pittsburgh traded their fourth-round selection (#123 overall) to New York Giants for their fourth-round selection (#130 overall), and a sixth-round selection (#194 overall).
- Redskins to Titans. Washington traded their fourth-round selection (#103 overall) to Tennessee Titans for their fourth-round selection (#124 overall), and a fifth-round selection (#157 overall).
- Ravens to Raiders. Baltimore traded the fourth-round selection obtained from Jacksonville in Round 1 (#125 overall) to the Oakland Raiders for CB Fabian Washington.
- Fifth round
- No. 164: Patriots to Saints. See No. 7: Patriots to Saints above.
- Chiefs to Lions. See first-round trade above.
- Redskins to Falcons. See first-round trade above.
- Cowboys to Seahawks. See first-round trade above.
- Eagles to Vikings. See second-round trade above.
- Jaguars to Cowboys. Jacksonville traded its fifth-round selection (#143 overall) to Dallas for its fifth-round selection (#155 overall) and seventh-round selection (#213 overall).
- Packers to Vikings. Green Bay traded its fifth-round selection (#137 overall) to Minnesota for its fifth-round selection (#150 overall) and seventh-round selection (#209 overall).
- Patriots to Buccaneers. New England traded fifth-round and seventh-round selections (#160 and #238 overall) to Tampa Bay for its fifth-round selection (#153 overall).
- Redskins to Rams. Washington traded fifth-round and seventh-round selections (#157 and #228 overall) to St. Louis for its two sixth-round selections (#168 and #180 overall).
- Sixth round
- Ravens to Texans. See first-round trade above.
- Steelers to Giants. See fourth-round trade above.
- Eagles to Browns. Philadelphia traded to Cleveland the 6th round selection they had previously received from the Browns for Hank Fraley (#191 overall). (see Pre-Draft Trades above) In return, the Browns gave the Eagles their 5th round pick in the 2009 draft.
- Seventh round
- Cowboys to Seahawks. See first-round trade above.
- Raiders to Cowboys. See fourth-round trade above.
- Cowboys to Jaguars. See fifth-round trade above.
- Packers to Vikings. See fifth-round trade above.
- Patriots to Buccaneers. See fifth-round trade above.
- "Selection" is the term used in NFL documentation, although the more-commonly used term, and the term used during the broadcast of the draft itself, is "picks".
- "NFL announces 32 compensatory picks for 15 teams". NFL.com. Associated Press. March 31, 2008. Archived from the original on 20 January 2009. Retrieved 2009-01-17.
- As there were 32 compensatory selections, there were no supplementary compensatory selections this year.
- Press (April 28, 2008). "Teams deal way to record 34 trades on draft weekend". ESPN.com (Associated Press). Archived from the original on 6 December 2008. Retrieved 2008-11-29.
- "NFL Cuts Time Between Draft Picks In First and Second Rounds". NFL.com. 2007-10-23. Archived from the original on 2007-12-21. Retrieved 2007-10-23.
- Michael McCarthy (2007-08-30). "NFL to revamp shield with redesigned logo". usatoday.com (USA Today). Retrieved 2008-11-06.
- Players are identified as a Pro Bowler if they were selected for the Pro Bowl at any time in their career.
- Miami negotiated a deal with Long on April 22, 2008, four days before the draft. "Miami Dolphins agree to deal with Long, will select OT No. 1 overall". ESPN.com. 2008-04-22. Archived from the original on 24 April 2008. Retrieved 2008-04-22.
- As penalty for videotaping defensive signals in their season opener against the Jets, the Patriots forfeited their first-round selection since they qualified for the playoffs; they would have lost their second- and third-round selections if they had not."NFL: 'Spygate' deal in the works with ex-Patriots employee". Philadelphia Inquirer. 2008-03-10. p. E1.
- San Diego used this pick in the 2007 Supplemental Draft to select Paul Oliver.
- As penalty for violating the NFL's anti-tampering rules in an attempt to sign Bears linebacker Lance Briggs, the 49ers forfeited their fifth-round selection and were required to swap third-round selections with the Bears.
- Baltimore used this pick in the 2007 Supplemental Draft to select Jared Gaither.
- "Roethlisberger to play against Broncos, Pouncey likely to sit". CNN. 2012-01-06.
- Scouts, Inc. (2007-04-28). "NFL draft trade tracker 2007". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2007-04-28.
- "Chiefs agree to send Allen to Vikings for three draft picks". NFL.com. 2008-04-23. Archived from the original on 2008-05-01. Retrieved 2008-04-23.
- Eatman, Nick (2007-04-27). "Back In". DallasCowboys.com. Archived from the original on 2007-04-30. Retrieved 2007-04-28.
- Wyche, Steve (2008-03-20). "Falcons complete Hall trade to Oakland". ajc.com. Archived from the original on 24 March 2008. Retrieved 2008-03-22.
- Pasquarelli, Len (2007-03-22). "Falcons agree to deal backup QB Schaub to Houston". ESPN.com. Archived from the original on 28 March 2007. Retrieved 2007-03-26.
- Bedard, Greg (2007-02-28). "Reports: Packers trade DT Williams to Cleveland for 2nd round pick". JSOnline.com. Archived from the original on 2008-03-04. Retrieved 2008-02-29.
- Wine, Steven (2007-10-16). "Chambers headed to Chargers in trade with Dolphins". ESPN.com. Associated Press. Archived from the original on 22 October 2007. Retrieved 2007-10-24.
- Chandler, Charles (2007-04-29). "Panthers deal Jenkins to Jets for picks". charlotte.com. Retrieved 2007-04-28.
- Reiss, Mike (2007-04-28). "Pats trade 91". boston.com. Archived from the original on 2 May 2007. Retrieved 2007-04-28.
- "Niners forfeit fifth-round draft pick after Goodell finds them guilty of tampering with Briggs". ESPN.com. 2008-03-24. Archived from the original on 25 March 2008. Retrieved 2008-03-24.
- Smith, Michael; Len Pasquarelli (2007-03-08). "McGahee traded to Ravens, signs long-term deal". ESPN.com. Archived from the original on 20 May 2007. Retrieved 2007-04-28.
- Glazer, Jay (2008-03-01). "Jags trade Stroud to Bills for picks". Foxsports.com. Archived from the original on 3 March 2008. Retrieved 2008-03-02.
- Scouts Inc. (2007-03-08). "NFL Draft trade tracker 2007". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2007-12-28.
- "Dolphins add some Cowboys, acquire two from Dallas for draft pick". CBS.Sportsline.com. Associated Press. 2008-04-26. Retrieved 2008-04-26.
- Broncos: The Ashley Lelie Trade The Colorado Springs Gazette
- Clayton, John (2008-02-29). "'New chapter' as Vilma dealt from Jets to Saints". ESPN.com. Associated Press. Archived from the original on 15 April 2008. Retrieved 2008-04-25.
- "Cowboys agree on deal to acquire Pacman from Titans". ESPN.com. 2008-04-23. Archived from the original on 25 April 2008. Retrieved 2008-04-25.
- Pasquarelli, Len (2007-06-05). "Green goes to Dolphins from Chiefs in trade". ESPN.com. Archived from the original on 10 October 2007. Retrieved 2007-10-24.
- Clayton, John (2007-07-29). "Bears sEnd fifth-round pick to Bills for Walker". ESPN.com. Associated Press. Retrieved 2007-10-24.
- Pasquarelli, Len (2007-08-02). "Harris trade adds veteran presence to Panthers' secondary". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2007-10-24.
- "Broncos trade DT Gerard Warren to Raiders". USA Today (USATODAY.com). Associated Press. 2007-08-17. Retrieved 2007-11-24.
- Walcoff, Jeff (2007-09-11). "QB Frye traded to Seattle". clevelandbrowns.com. Archived from the original on 2007-10-21. Retrieved 2007-10-24.
- Demovsky, Rob (2007-10-29). "Notebook: Grant emerges from the backfield". packersnews.com. Archived from the original on 31 October 2007. Retrieved 2007-11-13.
- Clayton, John (2007-06-08). "Rams DT Kennedy to help Broncos get bigger on defense.". espn.com. Retrieved 2008-01-21.
- Press, Associated (2007-03-31). "Wilkinson trade voided, Dolphins retain rights". espn.com. Retrieved 2008-01-21.
- Hixson, Chuck (September 2, 2006). "Cut Down Day Turns Into Trade Day For Eagles". Scout.com. Retrieved 10 May 2010.
- "Cowboys deal Ferguson to Miami". seattlepi.com. 2008-02-29. Retrieved 2008-02-29.[dead link]
- Ketchman, Vic (February 29, 2008). "Jags nab speedy Williamson: WR gets second chance". Jacksonville Jaguars official website. Retrieved 2008-11-29.
- "The Sports Network – National Football League". Sportsnetwork.com. Retrieved 2008-11-29.[dead link]
- Bouchette, Ed (November 14, 2007). "Tomlin vows to shore up deficiencies in kickoff, punt coverage". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Retrieved 10 May 2010.
- "Eagles trade Fraley, Parry; cut Gaffney, Reed". ESPN.com. September 2, 2006. Retrieved 10 May 2010.
- "Walker embraces new challenges with Bills". ESPN.com. March 27, 2007. Retrieved 10 May 2010.
- Pasquarelli, Len (November 17, 2006). "Rams hope Goldberg can fill Pace's shoes at left tackle". ESPN.com. Retrieved 10 May 2010.
- "Trade to Giants has worked out well for former Chief Tynes". KansasCity.com. Retrieved 10 May 2010..[dead link]
- "Access Vikings: » Blog Archive » For the draftniks". Ww3.startribune.com. Retrieved 2008-11-29..[dead link]
- Coyle, Frank (March 1, 2008). "NFL Draft '08 Traded Picks". Packerchatters.com. Archived from the original on 2008-06-06. Retrieved 2008-11-29.
- Legwold, Jeff (2007-03-16). "Legwold: Plummer may pay $7 million". rockymountainnews.com. Archived from the original on 2007-10-27. Retrieved 2008-01-06.
- Walcoff, Jeff (2007-04-27). "Browns Trade Again, Get Rucker". clevelandbrowns.com. Archived from the original on 2008-05-01. Retrieved 2008-04-27.