The 2011 TIM Supercoppa Italiana Final was the 24th edition of the Supercoppa, an annual football match contested by the winners of the previous season's Serie A and Coppa Italia competitions.
The match, the curtain raiser to the new football season in Italy, was the 208th Derby della Madonnina between AC Milan and Internazionale Milano and was the first time these two sides have met in this competition.The match was played at the Bird’s Nest Stadium in Beijing, China, on Saturday 6 August 2011. Milan won the title 2–1.
Milan qualified to take part by winning the 2010–11 Serie A title while their city rivals Inter qualified by winning the 2011 Coppa Italia Final. Inter are defending the competition, having beaten Roma 3–1 in last season's contest. Both teams have appeared in the Supercoppa final eight times during its history, Milan winning 6 times and Inter 5.
- MAN OF THE MATCH
- Assistant referees: Massimiliano Grilli, Cristiano Copelli
- Fourth official: Paolo Silvio Mazzoleni
- 90 minutes (two halves of 45 minutes each).
- 30 minutes of extra-time (two halves of 15 minutes each) if necessary.
- Penalty shoot-out if scores still level.
- Seven named substitutes.
- Maximum of three substitutions.
|Supercoppa Italiana |