2012 Porsche Carrera Cup Great Britain
|2012 Porsche Carrera Cup GB season|
|2012 ToCA Tour:|
2012 Ginetta GT Supercup
2012 Ginetta Junior Championship
2012 Renault Clio Cup UK
The 2012 Porsche Carrera Cup Great Britain is a multi-event, one make motor racing championship held across England and Scotland. The championship features a mix of professional motor racing teams and privately funded drivers, competing in Porsche 911 GT3 cars that conform to the technical regulations for the championship. It is a multi class championship, with drivers grouped based on their ability and experience into three classes: Professional, Professional-Amateur 1 (Pro-Am 1)and Professional-Amateur 2 (Pro-Am 2). It forms part of the extensive program of support categories built up around the BTCC centrepiece.
This season will be the tenth Porsche Carrera Cup Great Britain. The season will commence on 1 April at Brands Hatch – on the circuit's Indy configuration – and will conclude on 21 October at the same venue, utilising the Grand Prix circuit, after twenty races to be held at ten meetings, all in support of the 2012 British Touring Car Championship.
The official entry list was released on 13 March, including 21 full-season entries.
Race calendar and results
On 20 September 2011, the British Touring Car Championship announced the race calendar for the 2012 season, for all of the series competing on the TOCA package. All races were held in the United Kingdom.
A driver's best 19 scores counted towards the championship, with any other points being discarded.
- "Classification". Porsche GB. Porsche Cars Great Britain Ltd. Retrieved 22 January 2012.
- Cliffe, Andrew (13 March 2012). "2012 Porsche Carrera Cup GB entry unveiled". racingexposure.com (Racing Exposure). Retrieved 13 March 2012.
- Turner, Kevin (1 March 2012). Bradley, Charles, ed. "Geddie to Redline for Carrera Cup". Autosport (Teddington, Middlesex: Haymarket Publications) 207 (9): p. 83.
- "Al Harthy confirms Carrera Cup GB programme". Porsche GB (Porsche Cars Great Britain Ltd.). 21 February 2012. Retrieved 8 March 2012.
- "Plant confirms Carrera Cup GB campaign". Porsche GB (Porsche Cars Great Britain Ltd.). 11 January 2012. Retrieved 22 January 2012.
- Paice, Simon (27 January 2012). "Tordoff Confirms Carrera Cup Return". The Checkered Flag (BlackEagleMedia Network). Retrieved 28 January 2012.
- "Lloyd joins Parker for Porsche Carrera Cup GB". Porsche GB (Porsche Cars Great Britain Ltd.). 13 January 2012. Retrieved 22 January 2012.
- "Barker set for Porsche Carrera Cup GB campaign". Porsche GB (Porsche Cars Great Britain Ltd.). 23 January 2012. Retrieved 28 January 2012.
- Surgay, Thomas (31 January 2012). "Dymond Joins Carrera Cup With Parr Motorsport". BTCC Crazy (James Mappin). Retrieved 31 January 2012.
- "BTCC issues 2012 dates". British Touring Car Championship (TOCA). 20 September 2011. Retrieved 22 January 2012.