The 2013 Cooper Tires British Formula Three International Series season was the 63rd British Formula Three Championship season. The series, promoted by the Stéphane Ratel Organisation, began on 25 May at Silverstone and ended on 22 September at the Nürburgring after twelve races to be held at four meetings. The championship was won by Jordan King.
After all races awarded equal championship points during the 2012 season, the 2013 season saw the re-introduction of fewer points awarded to drivers in the second race. The first and third races awarded points using the same system as used in Formula One – with twenty-five points for the winner, down to one point for tenth place – with the reverse-grid race offering twelve points for the winner down to half a point for tenth place.
A five-race "mini-series" for older-specification Formula Three cars was also scheduled to be introduced for the 2013 season, after only two drivers competed in a full-season campaign in the Rookie class, in 2012. However, with the championship realignment in January 2013, older-specification cars were able to compete at every meeting.
Drivers and teams
| Nat B
|| National B
Race calendar and results
A provisional ten-round calendar was announced on 28 July 2012. This was later revised down to nine rounds – with series organisers SRO open to the addition of a tenth meeting – on 18 December 2012. In January 2013, SRO reduced the calendar yet further, to just four triple-header meetings; two events in the United Kingdom and two overseas, in Belgium and Germany.
- ^ Fastest lap recorded by John Bryant-Meisner, but he was ineligible to score the fastest lap point.
|| 2nd place
|| 3rd place
|| Points finish
|| Non-points finish
|Non-classified finish (NC)
|| Did not finish (Ret)
|| Did not qualify (DNQ)
|Did not pre-qualify (DNPQ)
|| Disqualified (DSQ)
|| Did not start (DNS)
| Withdrew (WD)
| Race cancelled (C)
|| Did not participate (DNP)
| Excluded (EX)
- ^ a b "Four key dates in revised Cooper Tires British F3 International Series for 2013". British Formula Three Championship (Stéphane Ratel Organisation). 28 January 2013. Retrieved 28 January 2013.
- ^ a b "British F3 reveals strong calendar and fresh plans for 2013". British Formula Three Championship (Stéphane Ratel Organisation). 18 December 2012. Retrieved 18 December 2012.
- ^ a b c d e Simmons, Marcus (17 April 2013). "Momentum builds for slimline 2014 British Formula 3 championship". Autosport (Haymarket). Retrieved 17 April 2013.
- ^ "Jaafar returns to British F3 with Carlin at Brands". British Formula Three Championship (Stéphane Ratel Organisation). 5 August 2013. Retrieved 5 August 2013.
- ^ "Li Zhi Cong joins Carlin for British F3's Brands Hatch GP weekend". British Formula Three Championship (Stéphane Ratel Organisation). 2 August 2013. Retrieved 2 August 2013.
- ^ a b Simmons, Marcus (21 May 2013). "Will Buller joins Fortec for British F3". Autosport (Haymarket). Retrieved 21 May 2013.
- ^ a b c d Simmons, Marcus (17 May 2013). "John Bryant-Meisner joins British F3 field". Autosport (Haymarket Media Group). Retrieved 17 May 2013.
- ^ Simmons, Marcus (10 May 2013). "Felipe Guimaraes joins British F3 grid with Fortec". Autosport (Haymarket). Retrieved 10 May 2013.
- ^ Simmons, Marcus (14 August 2013). "Alfonso Celis to make British F3 debut at the Nurburgring". Autosport (Haymarket). Retrieved 14 August 2013.
- ^ a b c d e f g "Gelael & Giovinazzi join Double R for 2013 British F3 season". Double R Racing (Racecar). 18 December 2012. Retrieved 18 December 2012.
- ^ Simmons, Marcus (3 September 2013). "T-Sport rejoins British Formula 3 grid for Nurburgring". Autosport (Haymarket). Retrieved 3 September 2013.
- ^ a b c d e f g h i j k l "West-Tec to enter seven cars in British Formula 3". Autosport. 22 April 2013. Retrieved 8 May 8013.
- ^ a b "Roberto La Rocca Returns to Team West-Tec F3". teamwest-tec.com (Team West-Tec). 7 February 2013. Retrieved 24 March 2013.
As well as The F3 Open, Roberto should also be undertaking a British F3 programme with his car, to gain maximum mileage and experience this year. as part of Team West-Tec's return to the British series alongside its European campaign.
- ^ a b "Team West-Tec Returns to British F3 with Chris Vlok". teamwest-tec.com (Team West-Tec). 7 February 2013. Retrieved 7 February 2013.
- ^ Simmons, Marcus (16 September 2013). "Sun Zheng British F3 National Class champion as Ed Jones skips finale". Autosport (Haymarket). Retrieved 16 September 2013.
- ^ "Jordan Oon Returns to Team West-Tec F3". teamwest-tec.com (Team West-Tec). 25 July 2013. Retrieved 25 July 2013.
- ^ "@jordanoon: 18 July". Twitter (Twitter Inc.). 18 July 2013. Retrieved 18 July 2013.
- ^ a b c "British F3 lines up for super Silverstone start". British Formula Three Championship (Stéphane Ratel Organisation). 22 May 2013. Retrieved 22 May 2013.
- ^ a b c d "News--KRC（Kang's Racing Company）" (in Chinese). Retrieved 8 May 8013.
- ^ Carter, Nick (28 July 2012). "Superb dates and circuits for British F3 in 2013". British Formula Three Championship (Stéphane Ratel Organisation). Retrieved 28 July 2012.