2013 Rugby League World Cup qualifying
Of the fourteen teams that will participate in the 2013 Rugby League World Cup, only two are not automatic inclusions, so must win qualifying matches to enter the tournament, which is to be held in Wales and England. Originally around twenty teams were to be involved in qualification for the tournament, but this was eventually fixed at nineteen.
Seven teams from the Pacific qualified for the World Cup. All of these teams were granted automatic qualification.
- 23x15px Australia (automatic qualifier)
- 23x15px New Zealand (automatic qualifier)
- 23x15px Papua New Guinea (automatic qualifier)
- 23x15px Tonga (automatic qualifier)
- 23x15px Fiji (automatic qualifier)
- 23x15px Samoa (automatic qualifier)
- 23x15px Cook Islands (automatic qualifier)
Six teams from Europe qualified; five teams automatically, with the sixth going to Italy, the winner of the European qualifying group.
- 23x15px England (automatic qualifier and co-host)
- 23x15px Wales (automatic qualifier and co-host)
- 23x15px France (automatic qualifier)
- 23x15px Ireland (automatic qualifier)
- 23x15px Scotland (automatic qualifier)
- 23x15px Italy (Winner of the European qualifying group)
One team from the Atlantic region qualified for the world cup.
|23x15px United States||2||2||0||0||0||80||8||+72||0||4|
|Template:Country data Jamaica||2||1||0||1||0||24||46||−22||0||2|
|23x15px South Africa||2||0||0||2||0||10||60||−50||0||0|
15 October 2011
|United States 23x15px||40–4||23x15px South Africa|
| Tries: Taylor (2), Cunz (2), Cantoni, Taufa, D Howard, Stevens
Conv: Joseph Paulo (4)
|(Report)|| Try: Fritz |
19 October 2011
|South Africa 23x15px||6–20||Template:Country data Jamaica|
| Tries: Prinsloo
Conv: Van der Nest
|(Report)|| Try: Reittie (2), White, Grant |
Conv: Coleman (2)
23 October 2011
|Template:Country data Jamaica||4–40||23x15px United States|
| Tries: Hanson
|(Report)|| Tries: S Howard, Marando, Stevens, Cantoni, Miles, D Howard, Offerdahl |
Conv: Joseph Paulo (6)
Coached by Matt Elliott, the Tomahawks were leading 6–4 at half time and then shut out the Rugby Reggae Boys for the rest of the game finishing with a total of seven tries to gain a place in their first World Cup tournament.
The European qualifying group involved Russia, Italy, Serbia and Lebanon. Both Italy and Lebanon remained unbeaten, recording two wins and a draw each. However, Italy topped the group as a result of points difference and therefore qualified for the World Cup.
15 October 2011
|Italy 23x15px||92–6||23x15px Russia|
| Tries: Mantellato (2), D. Nasso (2), Falcone (2), Ghietti (2), Parrata, Sands, Ciraldo, Riethmuller, Vicelich, Quitadamo, R.Nasso, Lennarduzzi
Conv: Mantellato (14)
|(Report)|| Try: Nikolaev |
16 October 2011
|Lebanon 23x15px||96–4||23x15px Serbia|
| Tries: Clark (3), Saleh (3), Barakat (3), Nye (2), Boustani (2), Deeb, Kassis, Adham El Zabedieh, Adnan El Zabedieh
Conv: Couri (13), Ballout
22 October 2011
|Russia 23x15px||0–32||23x15px Lebanon|
|(Report)|| Tries: Barakat (2), Azzi, Kassis, Adham El Zabedieh, Nye |
Conv: Couri (3), Boustani
23 October 2011
|Serbia 23x15px||6–52||23x15px Italy|
| Try: Pesic
|(Report)|| Tries: Minichiello (3), Lenarduzzi (2), Mantellato, Riethmuller, Parrata, D. Nasso |
Conv: Mantellato (8)
29 October 2011
|Serbia 23x15px||28–36||23x15px Russia|
| Tries: Pesic, Nedic, Susnjara, Radan, Novakovic
Conv: Nedic (4)
|(Report)|| Tries: Botnarash (3), Volkov, Esin, Ososkov |
Conv: Lysokon (6)
29 October 2011
|Italy 23x15px||19–19||23x15px Lebanon|
| Tries: Falcone, Stewart, Mantellato
Conv: Mantellato (3)
|(Report)|| Tries: El Zabedieh, Moujalli, Boustani |
Conv: Couri (3)
The Italy squad as of 22 September 2011 is as follows:
The Lebanon squad as at 22 September 2011 is as follows:
The Russia squad as at 22 September 2011 is as follows:
The Serbia squad was named on 22 September.
The Jamaica squad as of 22 September 2011 is as follows:
The South Africa squad as at 22 September 2011 is as follows:
- "Rugby League World Cup to expand". BBC News. 23 February 2010. Retrieved 23 April 2010.
- 20 nations to vie for league World Cup AAP, 23 February 2010
- Venue announced for 2013 World Cup Atlantic Qualifiers rleague.com, 4 August 2011
- 2013 World Cup format revealed lasttackle.com, 30 November 2010
- 2013 World Cup Atlantic Qualifiers rleague.com, 27 April 2011
- Press Association (24 October 2011). "USA beat Jamaica to secure 2013 Rugby League World Cup berth". The Guardian. Retrieved 30 October 2011.
- Paul, Burrowes (28 October 2011). "Rugby players encouraged despite whipping by USA". Jamaica Observer. Retrieved 30 October 2011.
- 2013 World Cup European Zone Qualifying Dates rleague.com, 20 March 2011
- skysports.com (29 October 2011). "Italy clinch World Cup place". Sky Sports. Retrieved 30 October 2011.