2015 San Francisco Giants season
|2015 San Francisco Giants|
|Major League affiliations|
|Owner(s)||Larry Baer (managing general partner)|
KNTV (NBC Bay Area 11)|
(Jon Miller, Mike Krukow, Duane Kuiper)
CSN Bay Area
(Duane Kuiper, Mike Krukow, Dave Flemming, Jon Miller)
(Jon Miller, Dave Flemming, Duane Kuiper, Mike Krukow)
(Erwin Higueros, Tito Fuentes)
[[2014 San Francisco Giants season#REDIRECTmw:Help:Magic words#Other|
This page is a soft redirect. < Previous season]]
The 2015 San Francisco Giants season is the Giants' 133rd year in Major League Baseball, their 58th year in San Francisco since their move from New York following the 1957 season, and their 16th at AT&T Park. The Giants enter the season as reigning World Series champions.
- November 24, 2014 – Free agent IF Pablo Sandoval signs a five-year deal with the Boston Red Sox, bringing to an end Sandoval's decorated tenure with the Giants.
- December 4, 2014 – The Giants avoid arbitration with IF Travis Ishikawa and C Héctor Sánchez, agreeing to one-year deals worth $1.1 million and $800,000 respectively.
- December 19, 2014 – The Giants acquired IF Casey McGehee from the Miami Marlins in exchange for minor-league RHP's Kendry Flores and Luis Castillo.
- December 22, 2014 – The Giants re-sign free agent RHP Sergio Romo to a two-year deal worth $15 million.
- December 23, 2014 – Free agent RHP Jake Peavy re-signs with the Giants, agreeing to a two-year deal worth $24 million. Peavy receives full no-trade protection.
- January 16, 2015 – A couple of hours prior to the deadline for exchanging arbitration figures, the Giants agree to a one-year $2.1 million deal with RHP Yusmeiro Petit to avoid arbitration.
- January 19, 2015 – The Giants officially announce the signing of free-agent OF Nori Aoki to a one-year deal with an option for a second year. Aoki's deal is reportedly worth $4 million with another $1.5 million available in incentives. The option for the 2016 season is a team option worth $5.5 million with a $700,000 buyout, that becomes a mutual option if Aoki reaches 550 plate appearances.
- January 22, 2015 – Despite arbitration figures being submitted, the Giants agree to a two-year deal with OF Gregor Blanco to avoid the process. Blanco's deal is reportedly worth $3.6 million in the first year, and $3.9 million in the second.
- January 23, 2015 – The Giants re-sign RHP Ryan Vogelsong to a one-year deal reported to be worth $4 million plus performance bonuses.
- January 27, 2015 – The Giants avoid arbitration with IF Brandon Crawford agreeing to a one-year deal worth $3.175 million, reportedly the midpoint between the two sides arbitration figure submissions.
- February 2, 2015 – The Giants agree to a one-year contract with IF Brandon Belt, the deal is reportedly worth $3.6 million. The mid-point between the two sides arbitration submissions was $3.75 million.
- February 12, 2015 – The Giants agree to a one-year contract with IF Casey McGehee, the deal is reportedly worth $4.8 million. The mid-point between the two sides arbitration submissions was $4.7 million.
- March 5, 2015 – OF Hunter Pence breaks his arm when hit by a pitch during a spring-training game at Scottsdale Stadium. 
- March 31, 2015 – The Giants designate 2010 first-round pick OF Gary Brown for assignment in order to make room for non-roster invitee OF Justin Maxwell. Maxwell, a Giants fan growing up, was told he would make the Giants opening day roster.
- April 3, 2015 – Bruce Bochy and Brian Sabean agree to contract extensions with the Giants through at least the 2019 season. Sabean is promoted to Vice-President of Baseball Operations, while Bobby Evans is promoted to General Manager.
- April 5, 2015 – The Giants opening day roster is announced with the Giants naming 13 pitchers, and choosing IF Matt Duffy over IF Ehíré Adríanza for the final bench spot. OF Hunter Pence and IF Travis Ishikawa will begin the season on the disabled list.
- April 7, 2015 – The day after the Giants open the season with a win against the Arizona Diamondbacks, with SP Jake Peavy having already been scheduled to miss his first start of the year, SP Matt Cain is placed on the 15-day disabled list with a flexor tendon strain. The Giants call up SP Chris Heston to take Cain's place in the rotation, while also signing former Giant, SP Kevin Correia to a minor-league deal.
- May 16, 2015 – OF Hunter Pence is activated from the disabled list, doubling in his first at-bat and scoring three runs in the game.
- May 21, 2015 – The Giants complete a three-game shutout sweep of the Los Angeles Dodgers at AT&T Park, a feat they last managed June 25–27, 2012.
National League West
National League Wild Card
Record vs. opponents
2015 NL Records
Source: NL Standings Head-to-Head
Game log and schedule
All schedule and scores taken from MLB.com.
|Bold||Giants team member|
|2015 Game Log|
Current team roster
San Francisco Giants roster
|Active roster||Inactive roster||Coaches/Other|
25 active, 13 inactive
10px 7- or 15-day disabled list
Stats in bold are team leaders. Pitchers are not included in the list. Note: G = Games played; AB = At Bats; R = Runs scored; H = Hits; 2B = Doubles; 3B = Triples; HR = Home runs; RBI = Runs batted in; AVG = Batting average; OBP = On-base percentage; SLG = Slugging Percentage; OPS = On-base + Slugging percentage SB = Stolen bases
Note: W = Wins; L = Losses; ERA = Earned run average; G = Games pitched; GS = Games started; SV = Saves; IP = Innings pitched; H = Hits allowed; ER = Earned runs allowed; HR = Home runs allowed; BB = Walks allowed; K = Strikeouts
- Browne, Ian. "Red Sox score big, land Panda and Hanley". MLB.com. Retrieved December 24, 2014.
- Gitlin, Marty. "Report: Giants sign 1B Travis Ishikawa to one-year deal". CBSSports.com. Retrieved December 24, 2014.
- Hurcomb, Michael. "Giants avoid arbitration with catcher Hector Sanchez". CBSSports.com. Retrieved December 24, 2014.
- Haft, Chris. "Giants acquire McGehee to fill third-base spot". MLB.com. Retrieved December 20, 2014.
- Haft, Chris. "Romo signs 2-year contract to stay with Giants". MLB.com. Retrieved December 23, 2014.
- Nowak, Joey. "Giants, Peavy finalize 2-year contract". MLB.com. Retrieved December 24, 2014.
- Mello, Igor. "Giants, Yusmeiro Petit avoid arbitrtion". cbssports.com. Retrieved January 16, 2015.
- Collier, Jamal. "Giants sign outfielder Aoki to one-year deal". MLB.com. Retrieved January 20, 2015.
- Kruth, Cash. "Giants reportedly ink Blanco to two-year deal". MLB.com. Retrieved January 19, 2015.
- Haft, Chris. "Giants bring back Vogelsong on one-year deal". MLB.com. Retrieved January 23, 2015.
- Berry, Adam. "Source: Arbitration-eligible Crawford gets $3.175 million". MLB.com. Retrieved January 27, 2015.
- Nowak, Joey. "Giants, Belt reportedly avoid arbitration with 1-year deal". MLB.com. Retrieved February 2, 2015.
- Haft, Chris. "Giants reach one-year deal with McGehee". MLB.com. Retrieved February 13, 2015.
- Kharl, Christina. "Hunter Pence to miss 6–8 weeks". ESPN.com. Retrieved March 6, 2015.
- Schulman, Henry. "GIANTS SPLASH: Justin Maxwell makes team, Gary Brown designated". sfgate.com. Retrieved March 31, 2015.
- Thornburg, Chad. "Bochy, Sabean agree to contract extensions". MLB.com. Retrieved April 3, 2015.
- White, R.J. "Giants keep Machi, Kontos, Duffy on Opening Day roster". cbssports.com. Retrieved April 5, 2015.
- Schulman, Henry. "GIANTS SPLASH: More on Matt Cain’s injury and prognosis; Correia signed". sfgate.com. Retrieved April 7, 2015.
- Call, Andy. "http://m.giants.mlb.com/news/article/124801504/san-francisco-giants-hunter-pence-debuts-with-two-hits?game_pk=414201". mlb.com. Retrieved May 22, 2015.
- Gurnick, Ken. "Double-threat MadBum, Giants sweep Dodgers". mlb.com. Retrieved May 22, 2015.
- "San Francisco Giants Schedule". MLB Advanced Media, L.P. Retrieved December 20, 2014.
|40x40px||Wikimedia Commons has media related to 2015 San Francisco Giants season.|