The 2016 NFL Draft will be the 81st annual meeting of National Football League (NFL) franchises to select newly eligible football players.
In the explanations below, (D) denotes trades that took place during the 2016 Draft, while (PD) indicates trades completed pre-draft.
- Philadelphia → St. Louis (PD). Philadelphia traded their second-round selection in this year's draft, a 2015 fourth-round selection and quarterback Nick Foles to St. Louis in exchange for St. Louis' 2015 fifth-round selection and quarterback Sam Bradford. The trade also includes a possible conditional selection in this year's draft going to Philadelphia based on Bradford's playing time in 2015. If Bradford takes less than 50 percent of the snaps, Philadelphia will receive St. Louis' fourth-round selection; the selection will upgrade to a third-rounder if Bradford does not play at all in 2015.[source 1]
- St. Louis → Philadelphia (PD). see Philadelphia → St. Louis (round two). This conditional selection will return to St. Louis if Bradford plays more than 50 percent of the snaps in 2015 or can become a third-round selection if Bradford does not play at all.[source 1]
- Baltimore → Denver (PD). see Denver → Baltimore (round four).[source 3]
- Denver → Detroit (PD). Denver traded this selection, their 2015 first- and fifth-round selections and guard/center Manny Ramirez to Detroit in exchange for Detroit's 2014 first-round selection.[source 4]
- San Diego → San Francisco (PD). San Diego traded this selection, and their 2015 first- and fourth-round selections, in exchange for San Francisco's 2015 first-round selection.[source 5]
- Buffalo → Minnesota (PD). Buffalo traded this selection and a 2015 fifth-round selection to Minnesota in exchange for quarterback Matt Cassel and Minnesota's 2015 sixth-round selection.[source 7]
- Houston → New England (PD). Houston traded their seventh–round selection in the 2016 draft to New England in exchange for quarterback Ryan Mallett. The pick could have been a sixth–round selection but Mallett did not play 40% of the snaps in 2014.[source 8]
- New York Jets → Houston (PD). The Jets traded a conditional seventh-round round selection in the 2016 draft to Houston in exchange for quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick. The pick can become a sixth-round selection based on Fitzpatrick's playing time.[source 9]
- St. Louis → Houston (PD). St.Louis traded this selection to Houston in exchange for quarterback Case Keenum.[source 10]
- Tampa Bay → Washington (PD). see Washington → Tampa Bay (round six).[source 6]
- Atlanta will forfeit their fifth-round selection as the punishment for piping artificial crowd noise into the Georgia Dome during the 2013 and 2014 seasons. If Atlanta receives multiple fifth-round selections, the team will forfeit the highest selection.[source 11]
- New England will forfeit their first-round selection as the punishment for the team's Deflategate scandal. If New England receives multiple first-round selections, the team will forfeit the highest selection. The team will also forfeit a 2017 fourth-round selection.[source 12]
- General references
- Trade references
- ^ a b Sheridan, Phil (May 10, 2015). "QBS BRADFORD, FOLES SWAP TEAMS". ESPN.com. Retrieved May 10, 2015.
- ^ a b c "2015 NFL Draft trade tracker: Details of all the moves". NFL.com. Retrieved 2015-05-04.
- ^ a b Renck, Troy (April 1, 2015). "Broncos acquire center Gino Gradkowski in trade with Ravens". Denver Post. Retrieved April 1, 2015.
- ^ DeChant, David (April 30, 2015). "Broncos trade up for Missouri LB Shane Ray in first round of 2015 NFL Draft". Denver Broncos. Retrieved April 30, 2015.
- ^ "49ers trade down in first round with Chargers".
- ^ a b Yasinskas, Pat (April 3, 2015). "Redskins trade for Dashon Goldson". ESPN. Retrieved April 3, 2015.
- ^ Smith, Michael David (March 4, 2015). "Bills acquire Matt Cassel in trade with Vikings". NBC Sports. Retrieved March 4, 2015.
- ^ Tim (November 24, 2014). "Ryan Mallett Trade: With Season-Ending Injury, Patriots' Compensation From Texans Is Set". SB Nation. Retrieved January 1, 2015.
- ^ Cosentino, Dom (May 11, 2015). "Jets announce trade with Houston Texans for Ryan Fitzpatrick". NJ.com. Retrieved May 11, 2015.
- ^ Chen, Howard (March 10, 2015). "Reports: Texans Trade Case Keenum To Rams". CBS Sports. Retrieved March 10, 2015.
- ^ "Falcons fined $350K, lose draft pick". ESPN. March 30, 2015. Retrieved March 30, 2015.
- ^ Rosenthal, Gregg. "Patriots' Tom Brady suspended 4 games". NFL. NFL Productions LLC. Retrieved May 11, 2015.