2016 Republican National Convention
|2016 Presidential Election|
The 2016 Republican National Convention is scheduled to be held at the Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland.
|Date(s)||July 18–21, 2016|
|Venue||Quicken Loans Arena|
|Vice Presidential nominee||TBD|
|36px 2016 U.S. presidential election|
The 2016 Republican National Convention, in which delegates of the United States Republican Party will choose the party's nominees for President of the United States and Vice President of the United States in the 2016 national election will be held July 18–21, 2016. The Convention is to be held at the Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland, Ohio. This will mark the third time Cleveland has hosted this event, and the first since 1936.
In 2013, the Republican National Committee named an eight-member Site Selection Committee to start the process of selecting a host city for the 2016 convention.
Cleveland was selected on July 8, 2014.
The 2016 Cleveland Host Committee, a 501(c)(3) [non-profit], was the official and federally designated presidential convention host committee for the convention, charged with the task of raising the necessary funds to hold the convention. The Host Committee is composed of 10 prominent Ohio business executives, civic and other community leaders. Terrance C.Z. Egger, is executive chairman and David Gilbert, is vice-chair of the host committee
This will be the first Republican National Convention to be held entirely in July, since 1980.
- Republican Party presidential candidates, 2016
- 2016 Democratic National Convention
- Republican National Convention
- United States presidential nominating convention
- "RNC officially approves Cleveland as 2016 convention host", CBS News. Associated Press. Retrieved August 13, 2014.
- Isenstadt, Alex (January 14, 2014) "GOP convention set for July 18-21 in 2016", Politico. Retrieved January 15, 2015.
- Walshe, Shushannah and Klein, Rick (July 8, 2014). "Republicans Choose Cleveland As 2016 Convention Site". ABC News. Retrieved July 27, 2014.
- Preston, Mark and Steinhauser, Paul (July 8, 2014). "Cleveland to hold 2016 Republican convention". CNN.com. Retrieved July 8, 2014.
- (April 2, 2014) "Denver makes latest cut for hosting 2016 Republican National Convention (RNC).", The Denver Channel. Retrieved April 2, 2014.
- To Prepare for Republican Convention, Tampa Restricts Protests. The New York Times. July 22, 2012
|Republican National Conventions|| Succeeded by|