23rd Academy Awards
|23rd Academy Awards|
|Date||March 29, 1951|
|Site||RKO Pantages Theatre, Hollywood, California|
|Best Picture||All About Eve|
|Most awards||All About Eve (6)|
|Most nominations||All About Eve (14)|
The 23rd Academy Awards Ceremony awarded Oscars for the best in films in 1950. The nominations were notable this year, as All About Eve was nominated for fourteen Oscars, beating the previous record of thirteen set by Gone with the Wind.
Sunset Boulevard became the second film with nominations in every acting category not to win a single one (after My Man Godfrey in 1936). This would not happen again until American Hustle was shut out at the 86th Academy Awards.
Winners are listed first and highlighted in boldface.
Academy Honorary Awards
Best Foreign Language Film
- The Walls of Malapaga (France/Italy)
Irving G. Thalberg Memorial Award
- Lex Barker and Arlene Dahl (Presenters: Best Art Direction)
- Charles Brackett (Presenter: Honorary Awards)
- Ralph Bunche (Presenter: Best Picture)
- Ruth Chatterton (Presenter: Writing Awards)
- Broderick Crawford (Presenter: Best Actress)
- Marlene Dietrich (Presenter: Best Foreign Language Film)
- Coleen Gray (Presenter: Documentary Awards)
- Jane Greer (Presenter: Best Special Effects)
- Helen Hayes (Presenter: Best Actor)
- Dean Jagger (Presenter: Best Supporting Actress)
- Gene Kelly (Presenter: Music Awards)
- Phyllis Kirk (Presenter: Short Subject Awards)
- Mercedes McCambridge (Presenter: Best Supporting Actor)
- Leo McCarey (Presenter: Best Director)
- Marilyn Monroe (Presenter: Best Sound Recording)
- Debra Paget (Presenter: Best Film Editing)
- Debbie Reynolds (Presenter: Best Cinematography)
- Jan Sterling (Presenter: Best Costume Design)
- David Wayne (Presenter: Scientific & Technical Awards)
- Gloria DeHaven and Alan Young
- Frankie Laine ("Mule Train" from Singing Guns)
- Martin and Lewis ("Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo" from Cinderella)
- Lucille Norman
Multiple nominations and awards
These films had multiple nominations:
The following films received multiple awards.
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Portal/images/other' not found.
- 8th Golden Globe Awards
- 1950 in film
- 2nd Primetime Emmy Awards
- 3rd Primetime Emmy Awards
- 4th British Academy Film Awards
- 5th Tony Awards
- "The 23rd Academy Awards (1951) Nominees and Winners". oscars.org. Archived from the original on 6 July 2011. Retrieved 2011-08-19.