2d Photographic Reconnaissance Group
|This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (December 2012)|
|2d Reconnaissance Group|
Emblem of the 2d Reconnaissance Group
|Branch||United States Army Air Forces|
The unit was active during World War II as a reconnaissance and mapping training unit, initially being assigned to Second Air Force, then to Third Air Force in October 1943. The group also trained crews and occasionally provided personnel to help man new groups and squadrons. Aircraft included B-17's, B-24's, B-25's, L-4's, L-5's, P-38's, and A-20's.
- Constituted as 2d Photographic Group on 1 May 1942
- Activated on 7 May 1942
- Redesignated: 2d Photographic Reconnaissance and Mapping Group in May 1943
- Redesignated: 2d Photographic Reconnaissance Group in August 1943
- Disbanded on 1 May 1944
- 6th Photographic Squadron: 1942
- 7th Photographic Reconnaissance Squadron: 1942–1944
- 10th Photographic Reconnaissance Squadron: 1942–1944
- 11th (formerly 5th) Combat Mapping Squadron: 1942–1944
- 29th Photographic Reconnaissance Squadron: 1943–1944.
- Bradley Field, Connecticut, 7 May 1942
- Colorado Springs Army Air Base, Colorado, c. 13 May 1942
- Will Rogers Field, Oklahoma, c. 7 October 1943 – 1 May 1944.
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Portal/images/u' not found. 12px This article incorporates public domain material from websites or documents of the Air Force Historical Research Agency.
- Maurer, Maurer (1983). Air Force Combat Units Of World War II. Maxwell AFB, Alabama: Office of Air Force History. ISBN 0-89201-092-4.