415th Bombardment Group
|This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (January 2013)|
|415th Bombardment Group|
|Branch||United States Army Air Forces|
The 415th Bombardment Group is an inactive United States Air Force unit. It was last assigned to the Second Air Force, being stationed at Dalhart Army Air Field, Texas. It was inactivated on 5 April 1944.
Activated during World War II initially as a Third Air Force training and demonstration unit as part of the Army Air Force School of Applied Tactics. Equipped with A-20's, A-24's, A-26's, B-25's, and P-39's. Reassigned to Second Air Force in early 1944 as a B-17 Flying Fortress replacement training unit. Inactivated in early 1944 when the need for B-17 aircrews diminished.
- Constituted as 415th Bombardment Group (Light) on 12 February 1943
- Activated on 15 February 1943
- Disbanded on 5 April 1943
- Army Air Force School of Applied Tactics, 15 February 1943 – 19 March 1944
- II Bomber Command,19 March-5 April 1944
- 465th Bombardment Squadron: 23 March 1943 – 5 April 1944
- 521st Fighter-Bomber (formerly 667th) Bombardment Squadron: 15 February 1943 – 5 April 1944
- Alachua Army Airfield, Florida, 15 February 1943
- Orlando Army Air Base, Florida, 25 February 1944
- Dalhart Army Air Field, Texas, 19 March-5 April 1944.
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Portal/images/u' not found. 12px This article incorporates public domain material from websites or documents of the Air Force Historical Research Agency.
- Maurer, Maurer (1983). Air Force Combat Units Of World War II. Maxwell AFB, Alabama: Office of Air Force History. ISBN 0-89201-092-4.