|This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (May 2015)|
|Origin||Atlanta, Georgia, United States|
|Genres||Hip hop, R&B, southern hip hop, drill, trap|
|Labels||Brick Squad Monopoly, Mizay Entertainment|
|Associated acts||Gucci Mane, Waka Flocka Flame, Chief Keef, Fredo Santana, SD|
Purps On Da Beat
Gezin Sound God
808 Mafia is an American hip hop production team, founded by TM88, Lex Luger and Southside that is signed to Brick Squad Monopoly. The group also includes producers Purps On Da Beat, Tarentino, Be-Bop, Bobby Beats, Fuse, Tre Pound, J. Moss, 12 Million, OG Taxx, Chris Fresh, DJ CoKeBoy, KingTruth, Steve Lean, The Swede and Bay Area Producer ReddMansion.
808 Mafia was founded in 2010 when rapper Waka Flocka Flame came up with the idea of a production team, made of his frequent collaborators Lex Luger and Southside. The group quickly expanded, adding a number of upcoming and affiliated producers, and is currently signed to Waka Flocka's label Brick Squad Monopoly. 808 Mafia has produced tracks for many notable artists such as Gucci Mane, Waka Flocka, Future, 2 Chainz, Meek Mill, Young Thug,Soulja Boy and DJ Drama among others. Its members have also independently worked on songs with Kanye West, Jay-Z, Snoop Dogg, Rick Ross, Fabolous, Pusha T, and Wiz Khalifa.
The group released its debut self-titled instrumental mixtape in 2012, hosted by Trap-A-Holics. The mixtape was produced by and served as an introduction to 5 of its members: TM88 (credited as Trackman), Be-Bop, Purps, Bobby Beats, and Tarentino. A sequel called 808 Mafia II was announced for release on December 21, 2012, but was later delayed multiple times. In March 2013, a trailer for the tape was released to the team's YouTube channel. 808 Mafia II was released on April 23, 2013, via LiveMixtapes. It was hosted by Trap-A-Holics, DJ Scream and DJ Drama, and features production by Southside, TM88, Purps, Tarentino, Fuse, Chris Fresh, OG Taxx and Be Bop.
| World War 3 Vol. 3: Gas
(with Gucci Mane)
|808 Mafia 2||
(with King Kuma)
| Sip Lean Make Beats
- Andrew Trammell. "TM88 Presents Sacii Lyfe Mixtape, Talks Split From 808 Mafia". Fader. Retrieved 14 April 2015.
- DXnext: South Side Retrieved October 19, 2012.
- Brandon Soderberg (February 23, 2012). 808 Mafia Pitchfork. Retrieved October 19, 2012.
- LET THE BEAT BUILD - Southside introduces the 808 Mafia Retrieved October 19, 2012.
- Lex Luger Discography Discogs.com Retrieved October 19, 2012.
- Southside Discography Discogs.com Retrieved October 19, 2012.
- 808 Mafia Mixtape DatPiff. Retrieved October 19, 2012.
- Twitter / @CatchTheWavee dec 21 Retrieved October 19, 2012.
- "808 Mafia Part 2 Mixtape Trailer". 808 Mafia TV via YouTube. Retrieved 2013-03-22.
- "808 Mafia – 808 Mafia 2 [Mixtape]". OnSmash. Retrieved 2013-04-27.