A. J. Francis
|No. 96 Miami Dolphins|
|Date of birth:||May 7, 1990|
|Place of birth:||Washington, D.C.|
|Height:||Script error: No such module "convert".|
|Weight:||Script error: No such module "convert".|
|High school:||Gonzaga College (D.C.) High School|
|Roster status:||Injured reserve|
|Career highlights and awards|
Career Template:If empty statistics
|Stats at NFL.com|
Anthony Joseph Francis (born May 7, 1990 in Washington, D.C.) is an American football defensive tackle for the Miami Dolphins of the National Football League (NFL). He was originally signed by the Dolphins as an undrafted free agent in 2013. Francis played college football at Maryland.
Francis has also been a member of the New England Patriots.
New England Patriots
Second stint with Dolphins
Francis was put on injured reserve on August 27, 2014.
Career as an Uber Drive
On 4.22.2015 AJ sent a tweet that read, "Just applied to be an @Uber driver... I hope my background check goes well." This unleashed a social media backlash against AJ to which he tweeted the following, "People ask me why would you want to be an @uber driver if you play in the NFL... You know what's better than NFL money? More money." While it remains to be seen if AJ will make it as an Uber Driver so far his NFL tenure has been riddled with injury.
- Prewitt, Alex (April 30, 2013). "A.J. Francis signs with Miami Dolphins, gets engaged on same day". WashingtonPost.com. Retrieved 2014-06-08.
- AJ Francis claimed on waivers by New England Patriots
- REPORT: PATS SIGN A.J. FRANCIS BACK TO PRACTICE SQUAD
- Beasley, Adam (November 27, 2013). "Miami Dolphins sign defensive tackle A.J. Francis". MiamiHerald.com. Retrieved 2014-06-08.
- Dolphins place three young players on IR, opening up roster spots