A. J. Jenkins
Jenkins in the 2012 preseason.
|No. 16 Dallas Cowboys|
|Date of birth:||September 30, 1989|
|Place of birth:||Jacksonville, Florida|
|Height:||Script error: No such module "convert".|
|Weight:||Script error: No such module "convert".|
|High school:||Jacksonville (FL) Terry Parker|
|NFL draft:||2012 / Round: 1 / Pick: 30|
Career Template:If empty statistics as of 2014
|Stats at NFL.com|
Alfred Alonzo "A. J." Jenkins (born September 30, 1989) is an American football wide receiver for the Dallas Cowboys of the National Football League (NFL). He was drafted by the San Francisco 49ers in the first round of the 2012 NFL Draft. He played college football at Illinois.
Jenkins has also played for the Kansas City Chiefs.
Jenkins attended Terry Parker High School in Jacksonville, Florida. He finished his junior year with 32 catches for 500 yards, and also rushed for another 251 yards on 40 carries in 2007. As a senior, he hauled in 41 passes for 515 yards, scoring four touchdowns. He was named to Scout.com's Florida Top-50 team. He was ranked the 59th-best recruit in the state of Florida and the No. 53 wide receiver nationally by Rivals.com. He was also named to the Atlanta Journal Constitution's Super Southern 100 as the 10th-best wide receiver.
In his first three seasons (2008–2010), he totaled 1,849 all-purpose yards, including 1,156 receiving yards and 694 return yards. On October 1, 2011, he had a career-best performance against Northwestern, with 12 catches for 268 yards and three touchdowns. His performance against Northwestern broke the Illinois single-game receiving record, ranks fourth in Big Ten Conference history, and earned him Big Ten Offensive Player of the Week after the Northwestern game. Through the first 11 games of his senior season, Jenkins had 1,166 receiving yards and seven touchdown receptions.
As of November 20, 2011, Jenkins' 1,166 receiving yards during the 2011 season ranked second in the Big Ten Conference and 11th among NCAA Division I FBS players. At the conclusion of the 2011 season, Jenkins was named First Team All-Big Ten by both the coaches and media.
|Ht||Wt<th>Arm length</th>||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 0¼ in||190 lb<td align="center">32¾ in</td>||4.37 s||1.56 s||2.49 s||38½ in||10 ft 4 in||12 reps|
San Francisco 49ers
Although healthy all season, Jenkins was active for only three of the 49ers 16 regular season games. In his rookie regular season he played in only 37 offensive snaps and was targeted with a pass just once, which he dropped.
Kansas City Chiefs
During a Thursday night game on September 19, 2013 against the Philadelphia Eagles, Jenkins recorded his first career reception, thrown by former 49ers teammate Alex Smith. The reception was good for 6 yards. His first reception came 511 days after he was drafted.
On February 17, 2015, Jenkins was released by the Chiefs.
On Tuesday, May 26th 2015, Jenkins was signed by the Dallas Cowboys 
- "A.J. Jenkins Profile". FightingIllini.com. Retrieved 2012-04-26.
- Herb Gould (October 4, 2011). "Illini's A.J. Jenkins lets his game do the talking". Chicago Sun-Times.
- Scott Powers (October 3, 2011). "Illinois WR Jenkins earns Big Ten honor". ESPN.com. Retrieved October 16, 2011.
- "A.J. Jenkins Statistics". ESPN.com. Retrieved November 13, 2011.
- "NCAA Division I-A Player Receiving Statistics – 2011 (Receiving Yards Leaders – All Players)". ESPN.com. Retrieved November 20, 2011.
- "A.J. Jenkins Combine Profile", NFL.com, retrieved April 27, 2012.
- Lourie, Steven. "San Francisco 49ers 2012 Draft Grades". Retrieved 2012-05-05.
- ProFootballReference.com: A.J. Jenkins
- SFGate.com: 49ers hoping for first contribution from first-round pick
- Pelissero, Tom (August 19, 2013). "49ers deal WR A.J. Jenkins to Chiefs for WR Jon Baldwin". USA Today. Retrieved August 20, 2013.
- Wesseling, Chris (February 17, 2015). "Donnie Avery, A.J. Jenkins released by Kansas City Chiefs". NFL.com. Retrieved 2015-02-17.
- Career statistics and player information from NFL.com • ESPN • Pro-Football-Reference
- Illinois profile