A Date with a Dream
|A Date with a Dream|
|File:"A Date with a Dream" (1948).jpg|
|Directed by||Dicky Leeman|
Robert S. Baker|
Robert S. Baker|
|Edited by||Anne Barker|
|Distributed by||Grand National Pictures|
A Date with a Dream is a 1948 British musical comedy film directed by Dicky Leeman and starring Terry-Thomas, Jeannie Carson and Wally Patch. Its plot concerns a wartime group of musical entertainers who meet up a year after being demobbed and decide to reform their act. It was the first production of Tempean Films.This was one of Terry-Thomas's first films and is reputedly partly based on his own experiences. 
When an Army concert party is disbanded after the war, they plan to meet up in a years time for a reunion. When they do they discover that all the various members aren't coping too well with civilian life. Jean, a singer who is staying in the same house as two of the ex-concert party members, suggests that the various members get back together to perform.
- Terry-Thomas – Terry
- Jeannie Carson – Jean
- Len Lowe – Len
- Bill Lowe – Bill
- Wally Patch – Uncle
- Vic Lewis – Vic
- Ida Patlanski – Bedelia
- Joey Porter – Max Imshy
- Alf Dean – Joe
- Julia Lang – Madam Docherty
- Harry Green – Syd Marlish
- Norman Wisdom – Shadow Boxer
- Sydney Bromley – Stranger in Max's office
Sky Movies wrote, "a sparkling performance from the young Terry-Thomas and a bright, sassy attitude saves this dated, rather choppy little filler item from the scrapheap of movie history. Worth a look for nostalgia buffs and curio collectors." 
- "BFI | Film & TV Database | DATE WITH A DREAM (1948)". Ftvdb.bfi.org.uk. 2009-04-16. Retrieved 2012-02-12.
- "A Date With A Dream Review". Movies.tvguide.com. Retrieved 2014-03-12.
- "BFI | Film & TV Database | DATE WITH A DREAM (1948)". Ftvdb.bfi.org.uk. 2009-04-16. Retrieved 2014-03-12.
- "Date with a Dream - Sky Movies HD". Skymovies.sky.com. 2003-10-04. Retrieved 2014-03-12.
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found. Template:Musical-comedy-film-stub