Abingdon Preparatory School
|File:Abingdon preparatory school logo.png|
|Religion||Christian, Church of England|
|#REDIRECT Template:If empty
|Colours||Navy blue Turquoise|
Abingdon Preparatory School (formerly known as Josca's until 2007, and informally known as Abingdon Prep), is an independent preparatory school in the rural setting of Frilford, near Abingdon, Oxfordshire, England. It is part of the Abingdon Foundation – a collective name for both it, and Abingdon School. Abingdon Preparatory School caters for boys between 4 and 13. The school was founded in 1956 with 5 pupils; by 2007 there were 251 pupils.
In 2007, development costing £3 million – bringing a new sports hall, changing rooms, class rooms, and an art room – was completed. The school has a large sports field – especially large considering the size of the school. In recent years, a bridge over the busy A415 road has been built connecting the school on one side of the road to its sports fields on the other.
The school's most recent inspection report was undertaken by the Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI) branch of the Independent Schools Council (ISC) during January and February 2011. The report found that: 'The pupils’ achievement and progress throughout the school is outstanding', and that 'Excellent teaching enables pupils to achieve high standards and they are very well prepared for the next stage of their education.'
The acting headmaster for Spring term 2011 was Mike Rees. Crispin Hyde-Dunn, previously Deputy Head at King's College School, Cambridge, has been appointed as the new Headmaster and took up this position in April 2011. The headmistress of Abingdon School is Felicity Lusk.
- "Abingdon Preparatory School – Staff Directory". Retrieved 2008-04-18.
- "Oxford Mail – Prep school changes its name". 2007-07-02. Retrieved 2008-04-18.
- "The Oxford Times – Prep School Changes Its name". 2007-07-03. Retrieved 2008-04-20.
- "Abingdon Preparatory School – Our History". Retrieved 2008-04-16.[dead link]
- "The Independent Schools Directory – Abingdon Prep". 2007-06-18. Archived from the original on 29 May 2008. Retrieved 2008-04-16.
- "SFS Group – School changes name as part of £3 development". 2007-07-03. Archived from the original on 2008-02-25. Retrieved 2008-04-18.
- "Oxford Villages – Frilford, Garford and Lyford". Retrieved 2008-04-19.[dead link]
- "Oxford Mail – We don't want new bridge". 2006-06-01. Retrieved 2008-04-19.[dead link]