Aboriginal police in Canada
Aboriginal Police in Canada are police forces responsible for public order on First Nations across Canada.
The national government created First Nations police forces for greater sensitivity to the First Nations. Past conflicts, with some deaths, have created tension between non-aboriginal police forces and aboriginal people. In 1992 the First Nations Chiefs of Police Association (FNCPA) was created to co-ordinate ideas from other forces in dealing with aboriginal policing.
List of police forces
A list of First Nations police forces:
- British Columbia
- Cree Police Service, Cree Regional Authority - Montreal, Quebec
- Eeyou Eenou Police Force Headquarters - Chisasibi, Quebec
- EEPF Detachment - Eastmain, Quebec
- EEPF Detachment - Mistissini, Quebec
- EEPF Detachment - Nemaska, Quebec
- EEPF Detachment - Ouje-Bougoumou, Quebec
- EEPF Detachment - Waskaganish, Quebec
- EEPF Detachment - Waswanipi, Quebec
- EEPF Detachment - Wemindji, Quebec
- EEPF Detachment - Whapmagoostui, Quebec
- Kanesatake Mohawk Police, Kanesatake, Quebec - No longer exists
- Kativik Regional Police Force - Kuujjuaq, Quebec
- Long Point Police - Winnieway, Quebec
- Nasakapi Police Force - Kawachikamach, Quebec
- Nasakapi Police Force - Kawawachikamach Indian Reserve - Kawachikamach, Quebec
City police forces have outreach officers to serve aboriginals living outside the reserves. Most of these officers are aboriginals.
- The Royal Canadian Mounted Police in Quebec#Aboriginal Combined forces Special Enforcement Unit (A-CFSEU)
|40x40px||Wikimedia Commons has media related to Aboriginal police in Canada.|
- Aboriginal Policing Directorate -Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness Canada
- The Aboriginal Justice Implementation Commission - Manitoba
- UCCM Anishnaabe Police Service
- Policing and Corrections - Aboriginal Canada Portal
- Nishnawbe-Aski Police Service
- Blood Tribe Police
- Dakota Ojibway Tribal Council (DOTC) Police Department
- Stl'atl'imx Tribal Police Service
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.