Journals

Conferences

Open Access Articles- Top Results for Abu Shusha, Haifa

Abu Shusha, Haifa

This article is about the former village in Haifa Sub-district. For the former village in Ramle Sub-district, see Abu Shusha. For the former village in Tiberias Sub-district, see Ghuwayr Abu Shusha.
Abu Shusha
250px
lands of Abu Shusha
Arabic أبو شوشة
Subdistrict Haifa
Coordinates

32°36′50.95″N 35°08′16.45″E / 32.6141528°N 35.1379028°E / 32.6141528; 35.1379028Coordinates: 32°36′50.95″N 35°08′16.45″E / 32.6141528°N 35.1379028°E / 32.6141528; 35.1379028{{#coordinates:32|36|50.95|N|35|08|16.45|E|type:city_region:IL |primary |name=

}}
Palestine grid 163/224
Population 835 (1948)
Area 8,960 dunams
9 km²
Date of depopulation 9–10 April 1948[1]
Cause(s) of depopulation Military assault by Yishuv forces
Current localities Mishmar HaEmek

Abu Shusha (Arabic: أبو شوشة‎) was a Palestinian Arab village in the Haifa Subdistrict. It was depopulated during the 1947–48 Civil War in Mandatory Palestine on 9 April 1948 during the Battle of Mishmar HaEmek.

It had a population of 720 in 1945.

References

  1. ^ Morris, 2004, p.xviii, village #152. Also gives cause of depopulation.

Bibliography

</dl>

External links

Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.