|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2014)|
These are many types of acidifiers but the main four types are:
- Gastric acidifiers, used in controlling pH in stomach.
- Urinary acidifiers, used in controlling pH in urine.
- Systemic acidifiers, used in controlling pH in all the parts of body.
- Acid, mostly used in laboratory experiments.
Definition In patients suffering from achlorhydria, there is deficient secretion of HCl in stomach. In such cases acidifiers are useful in providing the necessary acidity for the proper digestion of food. Systemic acidifiers are those which, when given usually by injection, act by reducing the alkali reserve in the body and are also useful in reducing metabolic alkaloids.
- Text Book of Pharmaceutical Inorganic Chemistry by VN Rajasekaran
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.