In Russia, the term is applied to the inhabited localities which serve as a seat of government of entities of various levels. The only exception to this rule is the republics, for which the term "capital" is used to refer to the seat of government. The capital of Russia is also an entity to which the term "administrative centre" does not apply. A similar arrangement exists in Ukraine.
- Local government
- Chef-lieu, administrative centres in Algeria, Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, and Tunisia
- County seat, administrative centres in the USA
- County town, administrative centres in Ireland and the UK
- List of regions of Norway
- Administrative divisions of Portugal
- Subdivisions of Russia
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.