CBE FREng FIMechE
November 1948 (age 67)
|Residence||Steeple Aston, North Oxfordshire, Great Britain|
|Occupation||Chairman of Vivarail, Chairman of Chiltern Railways, Director Ffestiniog Railway Society|
Shooter joined British Rail in the 1970s as a management trainee. During the privatisation of British Rail he headed up the M40 Trains management buy-out consortium that would become Chiltern Railways. Shooter became chairman of DB Regio UK Ltd, and retired from Chiltern and DB Regio in December 2011. He is currently chairman of Vivarail, a company aiming to heavily overhaul London Underground D78 Stock and turn them into new DEMUs.
Shooter is a fellow of the Royal Academy of Engineering, the Institution of Mechanical Engineers and of the Chartered Institute of Transport. He is chairman of the West Midlands and Oxfordshire region of the Confederation of British Industry, chairman of Bicester Vision, director of Wabtec. In the New Year Honours 2010 Shooter was appointed a Commander of the Order of the British Empire for services to rail industry.
- Plisner, Peter (February 2012). "Rail Professional interview: Adrian Shooter". Rail Professional.
- "Press statement from Adrian Shooter" (Press release). 19 June 2010. Retrieved 25 February 2014.
- Brown, Graeme (1 July 2011). "Adrian Shooter to retire as Chiltern Railways chairman". Birmingham Post. Retrieved 25 February 2014.
- Sam McCaffrey (23 January 2015). "‘Why not do some re-engineering?’ Adrian Shooter on the Vivarail D-Train". railtechnologymagazine.com. Cognitive Publishing Ltd. Retrieved 24 January 2015.
- "People". Local Enterprise Partnership. Oxfordshire. Retrieved 25 February 2014.
- The London Gazette: . 31 December 2009.
- "Contact us". Model 'A' Ford Club of Great Britain. Retrieved 25 February 2014.
- "One of the original "B Class" Sharp Stewart Steam Locomotive Comes Home.". Darjeeling Himalayan Railway Society. Retrieved 25 February 2014.
- Yang, Alice (11 November 2011). "Interview: Adrian Shooter". Felix Online. Retrieved 25 February 2014.