Adverts

Open Access Articles- Top Results for Al-%27Ulmaniyya

Al-'Ulmaniyya

Al-'Ulmaniyya
250px
Al-'Ulmaniyya, 2012
Also spelled 'Ulmaniya, al[1]
Subdistrict Safad
Coordinates

33°04′23.85″N 35°35′19.50″E / 33.0732917°N 35.5887500°E / 33.0732917; 35.5887500Coordinates: 33°04′23.85″N 35°35′19.50″E / 33.0732917°N 35.5887500°E / 33.0732917; 35.5887500{{#coordinates:33|04|23.85|N|35|35|19.50|E|type:city_region:IL |primary |name=

}}
Palestine grid 205/275
Population 260 (1945)
Date of depopulation April 20, 1948[1]
Cause(s) of depopulation Military assault by Yishuv forces

Al-'Ulmaniyya was a Palestinian Arab village in the Safad Subdistrict. It was depopulated during the 1947–1948 Civil War in Mandatory Palestine on April 20, 1948 by the Palmach's First Battalion of Operation Yiftach. It was located 14.5 km northeast of Safad.

A 1596 census revealed a population of 55. In 1945, the village had a population of 260.

File:Qadas.jpg
Al-'Ulmaniyya 1946

References

  1. ^ a b Morris, 2004, p. xvi, village #30. Also gives cause of depopulation.

Bibliography

</dl>


Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.