Adverts

Open Access Articles- Top Results for Al-Ghubayya al-Fawqa

Al-Ghubayya al-Fawqa

Al-Ghubayya al-Fawqa
Also spelled Ghubayya al Fauqa[1]
Subdistrict Haifa
Coordinates

32°36′5.4″N 35°9′4.75″E / 32.601500°N 35.1513194°E / 32.601500; 35.1513194Coordinates: 32°36′5.4″N 35°9′4.75″E / 32.601500°N 35.1513194°E / 32.601500; 35.1513194{{#coordinates:32|36|5.4|N|35|9|4.75|E|type:city_region:IL |primary |name=

}}
Palestine grid 164/223
Population 1130 (1945)
Date of depopulation April 8–9, 1948[1]
Cause(s) of depopulation Military assault by Yishuv forces
Current localities Mishmar ha-'Emeq

Al-Ghubayya al-Fawqa was a Palestinian Arab village in the Haifa Subdistrict. It was depopulated during the 1947–48 Civil War in Mandatory Palestine on April 8, 1948 during the Battle of Mishmar HaEmek. It was located 28 km southeast of Haifa.

The population was 1,130 in 1948. Al-Ghubayya al-Fawqa shared an elementary school built by the Ottomans in 1888 with the nearby villages of al-Ghubayya-al-Tahta and al-Naghnaghiyya. The school was later closed during the British Mandate period. The village had its own mosque.

References

  1. ^ a b Morris, 2004, p. xviii, village #150. Also gives cause of depopulation.

Bibliography

</dl>

External links

Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.