Adverts

Open Access Articles- Top Results for Al-Ghubayya al-Tahta

Al-Ghubayya al-Tahta

Al-Ghubayya al-Tahta
Subdistrict Haifa
Coordinates

32°36′27″N 35°8′38″E / 32.60750°N 35.14389°E / 32.60750; 35.14389Coordinates: 32°36′27″N 35°8′38″E / 32.60750°N 35.14389°E / 32.60750; 35.14389{{#coordinates:32|36|27|N|35|8|38|E|type:city_region:IL |primary |name=

}}
Population 1130 (1945)
Date of depopulation 8–9 April 1948[1]
Cause(s) of depopulation Military assault by Yishuv forces
Current localities Midrakh 'Oz

Al-Ghubayya al-Tahta was a Palestinian Arab village in the Haifa Subdistrict, located 28 km southeast of Haifa. It was depopulated during the 1947–48 Civil War in Mandatory Palestine on April 8, 1948 under the Battle of Mishmar HaEmek.

In 1945, the village had a population of 1,130. Al-Ghubayya al-Tahta shared an elementary school founded by the Ottomans in 1888 with the villages of al-Ghubayya-al-Fawqa and al-Naghnaghiyya. The school was closed during the British Mandate rule.

References

  1. ^ Morris, 2004, p. xviii, village #151. Also gives cause of depopulation.

Bibliography

</dl>

External links

Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.