Adverts

Open Access Articles- Top Results for Al-Hamra%27

Al-Hamra'

Al-Hamra'
Arabic الحمراء
Subdistrict Safad
Coordinates

33°09′10.56″N 35°38′51.20″E / 33.1529333°N 35.6475556°E / 33.1529333; 35.6475556Coordinates: 33°09′10.56″N 35°38′51.20″E / 33.1529333°N 35.6475556°E / 33.1529333; 35.6475556{{#coordinates:33|09|10.56|N|35|38|51.20|E|type:city_region:IL |primary |name=

}}
Palestine grid 210/284
Date of depopulation May 1, 1948[1]
Cause(s) of depopulation Fear of being caught up in the fighting
Secondary cause Military assault by Yishuv forces

Al-Hamra' (Arabic: الحمراء ‎) was a Palestinian Arab village in the Safad Subdistrict. It was depopulated during the 1947–1948 Civil War in Mandatory Palestine on May 1, 1948 by the Palmach's First Battalion of Operation Yiftach. It was located 24.5 km northeast of Safad, 1 km northwest of Wadi al-Dufayla.

References

  1. Morris, 2004, p. xvi, village #20. Also gives causes of depopulation.

Bibliography

</dl>


Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.