|Name meaning||"the Building"|
|Date of depopulation||October 1948|
|Cause(s) of depopulation||Expulsion by Yishuv forces|
|Current localities||Urim, Ofakim|
1948 War and aftermath
During the 1948 Arab-Israeli War, the village was captured by the Yiftach Brigade in early October, meeting with no resistance. The Ofakim development town and the Jewish kibbutz of Urim are built on the lands of the former village, with the latter being approximately Script error: No such module "convert". south of the original village site.
The Palestinian historian Walid Khalidi, described the village remains in 1992: "The village site has been completely built over by the kibbutz of Urim. Although the kibbutz was established in 1946 near the village of Al-Imara, during the 1948 Arab-Israeli War, it was moved to the site of the former British police station. About 2 km southeast of the current kibbutz there are remains of several stone structures. These were the houses that belonged to Bedouin families before 1948 and were not considered part of al-Imara.
- Khalidi, Walid (1992), All That Remains: The Palestinian Villages Occupied and Depopulated by Israel in 1948, Washington D.C.: Institute for Palestine Studies, ISBN 0-88728-224-5
- Morris, Benny (2004). The Birth of the Palestinian Refugee Problem Revisited. Cambridge University Press. ISBN 978-0-521-00967-6.
- Welcome to al-Imara at Palestine Remembered
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.