Journals

Conferences

Open Access Articles- Top Results for Al-Jaladiyya

Al-Jaladiyya

Al-Jaladiyya
Subdistrict Gaza
Coordinates

31°41′55″N 34°44′59″E / 31.69861°N 34.74972°E / 31.69861; 34.74972Coordinates: 31°41′55″N 34°44′59″E / 31.69861°N 34.74972°E / 31.69861; 34.74972{{#coordinates:31|41|55|N|34|44|59|E|type:city_region:IL |primary |name=

}}
Palestine grid 126/122
Population 360 (1945)
Date of depopulation Not known[1]

Al-Jaladiyya was a Palestinian Arab village in the Gaza Subdistrict. It was depopulated during the 1948 Arab-Israeli War on July 8, 1948 by the Giv'ati Brigade. It was located 34 kilometres northeast of Gaza.

The Crusades built a castle in the village. There was a school located in the village mosque (built 1890), and when it opened its doors in 1945 it had an enrollment of 43 students.

References

  1. ^ Morris, 2004, p. xix, village #289. Morris gives both cause and date for depopulation as "Not known"

Bibliography

</dl>

External links

Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.