|Date of depopulation||March 17, 1948|
|Cause(s) of depopulation||Fear of being caught up in the fighting|
Al-Jammasin al-Gharbi was a Palestinian Arab village in the Jaffa Subdistrict. It was depopulated during the 1947–48 Civil War in Mandatory Palestine on March 17, 1948. It was located 6.5 km northeast of Jaffa.
It had a population of 1,080 in 1945. al-Jammasin's inhabitants were known to be descendants of nomads from the Jordan Valley.
- Morris, 2004, p.xviii, village #204. Also gives cause of depopulation.
- Hadawi, Sami (1970), Village Statistics of 1945: A Classification of Land and Area ownership in Palestine, Palestine Liberation Organization Research Center
- Khalidi, Walid (1992), All That Remains: The Palestinian Villages Occupied and Depopulated by Israel in 1948, Washington D.C.: Institute for Palestine Studies, ISBN 0-88728-224-5
- Morris, Benny (2004). The Birth of the Palestinian Refugee Problem Revisited. Cambridge University Press. ISBN 978-0-521-00967-6.
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.