Journals

Conferences

Open Access Articles- Top Results for Al-Jura, Jerusalem

Al-Jura, Jerusalem

For the village in the Gaza district, see Al-Jura.
Al-Jura
Subdistrict Jerusalem
Palestine grid 164/129
Population 420 (1945)
Area 4,158 dunams
Date of depopulation Not known[1]
Current localities Ora
File:JerusalemFarWest1870s.jpg
el Jurah in the 1870s

Al-Jura (el Jurah) was a Palestinian Arab village in the Jerusalem Subdistrict. It was depopulated during the 1948 Arab-Israeli War on July 11, 1948 under Operation Danny. It was located 8.5 km west of Jerusalem. al-Jura was mostly destroyed with the exception of several deserted houses.

In 1945, the village had a population of 420. al-Jura contains artifacts from Byzantine and the Crusader period in three Khirbats: Khirbat Sa'ida, Ayn al-Jadida, and Khirbat al-Qusur.

References

  1. ^ The Birth of the Palestinian Refugee Problem Revisited, p.xx, village #355. Benny Morris, 2004.Gives both cause and date of depopulation as "Not known".

Bibliography

</dl>

External links

Coordinates: 31°45′25″N 35°08′56″E / 31.75694°N 35.14889°E / 31.75694; 35.14889{{#coordinates:31|45|25|N|35|08|56|E|type:city_source:kolossus-plwiki |primary |name= }}

Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.