Adverts

Open Access Articles- Top Results for Al-Kafrayn

Al-Kafrayn

Al-Kafrayn
200px
Children of Al-Kafrayn, around 1937
Arabic الكفرين
Also spelled Kafrin, al-[1]
Subdistrict Haifa
Coordinates

32°34′24.7″N 35°07′08.50″E / 32.573528°N 35.1190278°E / 32.573528; 35.1190278Coordinates: 32°34′24.7″N 35°07′08.50″E / 32.573528°N 35.1190278°E / 32.573528; 35.1190278{{#coordinates:32|34|24.7|N|35|07|08.50|E|type:city_region:IL |primary |name=

}}
Palestine grid 161/219
Population 920 (1945)
Date of depopulation 12–13 April 1948[1]
Cause(s) of depopulation Military assault by Yishuv forces

Al-Kafrayn (Arabic: الكفرين‎) was a Palestinian Arab village in the Haifa Subdistrict. It was depopulated during the 1947–48 Civil War in Mandatory Palestine on 12 April 1948 as part of the Battle of Mishmar HaEmek. It was located 29.5 km southeast of Haifa. The Crusaders referred to al-Kafrayn as Caforana.

In 1945, the village had a population of 920. Today, an Israeli military training camp occupies the area.

References

  1. ^ a b Morris, 2004, p. xviii, village #155. Also gives cause of depopulation

Bibliography

External links

Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.