Adverts

Open Access Articles- Top Results for Al-Khayma

Al-Khayma

Al-Khayma
Arabic الخيمة
Name meaning The Tent
Subdistrict Ramle
Coordinates

31°45′40.9″N 34°49′39.1″E / 31.761361°N 34.827528°E / 31.761361; 34.827528Coordinates: 31°45′40.9″N 34°49′39.1″E / 31.761361°N 34.827528°E / 31.761361; 34.827528{{#coordinates:31|45|40.9|N|34|49|39.1|E|type:city_region:IL |primary |name=

}}
Palestine grid 133/130
Population 190 (1945)
Date of depopulation Not known[1]

Al-Khayma (Arabic: الخيمة‎) was a Palestinian Arab village in the Ramle Subdistrict of Mandatory Palestine. It was depopulated during the 1948 Arab–Israeli War on July 9, 1948 by the Givati Brigade of Operation An-Far. It was located 18.5 km south of Ramla.

In 1945, it had a population of 190.

References

  1. ^ Morris, 2004, p.xix, village #267. Morris gives both cause and date of depopulation as "Not known".

Bibliography

</dl>

External links

Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.